Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
Client Technology (CT) - focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster, and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
Enterprise Technology (ET) – ET supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the cheapest possible cost for quality services. ET will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
Job Title:OSS Team Lead – Assistant Director
Job Rank:Assistant Director
Sub Function:On-site Services
Reports to: OSS Sub Area Manager
The OSS Team Lead – Asst Dir manages a large team to provide all aspects of end-user technology support within a large geography (large single office/multiple offices/multiple countries) to prioritize tasks, interpret information, and apply technical knowledge to satisfy end user and firm objectives. This position has accountability for all aspects of end-user support within the defined geography, ensuring that metrics and performance standards are achieved and maintained. The position is also responsible for all aspects of staff management (hiring, development and review, etc.) for OSS staff in the defined geography.
Essential Functions of the Job:
· Leverage multiple resources and coordinate team initiatives in order to meet customer needs consistent with IT Service support processes and expectations. Facilitate the implementation and support of defined solutions.
· Act creatively to prioritize tasks, interpret information, and apply technical knowledge to facilitate the implementation of technical and business solutions to complex technology needs and issues; develop complex action plans and strategies; oversee team members to ensure that appropriate tools, techniques, and standards are being utilized; analyze the impact of decisions; and mentor others through the solution process in order to satisfy end user needs.
· Build and maintain productive relationships with a wide range of end users within the geography supported by the local OSS team.
· Act as a liaison between OSS and end users supported by the local OSS team to ensure effective communications flow on matters related to end user support.
· Anticipate technology support issues, and act creatively to prioritize tasks, interpret information, and apply technical knowledge to facilitate the development and implementation of technical and business solutions to complex end user technology needs and issues.
· Work independently and or lead projects as assigned. Assess the special needs of local area offices and engagements, and respond appropriately.
· Document and track the status of inquiries, coordinate appropriate responses, and follow up to ensure end user satisfaction. Provide team oversight to ensure support metrics and key performance indicators are achieved.
· Maintain an understanding of the Firm’s business, organization and strategy sufficiently to resolve and anticipate end user technology issues that affect productivity of Firm personnel.
· Maintain a thorough understanding of IT Services’ organization and service offerings in order to identify how best to address end user technology needs and incidents.
· Maintain a thorough understanding of the business drivers and technology needs of key engagements and accounts located within the supported geography. Communicate unique needs and customer feedback to appropriate IT Services personnel to ensure business imperatives are anticipated and addressed as possible/necessary.
· Understand and apply HR policies for the geography supported in a consistent and fair manner.
· Participate with and provide technical consultation to senior IT management as requested.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
· Strong analytical skills are required to address major incidents impacting the geography supported.
· Decision making responsibilities include the prioritization of work for an OSS team, and determining approaches to addressing service delivery concerns.
· This role receives limited oversight from a supervisor and is expected to be able to work independently.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
· The ability to coordinate the daily responsibilities of a large team, including interacting with staff in a virtual manner.
· The ability to handle all aspects of staff management (hiring, development, personnel issues, etc.).
· The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
· An understanding of the Firm’s business and organizational structure.
· Excellent customer service attitude.
· Ability to work effectively with all levels of end users and IT personnel.
· The ability to establish strong relationships with key customers who lead office functions or large engagements and accounts.
· Proficiency in English language communication skills (reading, writing, speaking).
· This role will lead and manage a large team, which may be located in single large office, multiple small offices or multiple countries.
· OT is worked as necessary
· Travel to offices supported within the geography of support will be necessary
· A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
· At least 4 years in leading teams and staff, or equivalent management experience.
· Approximately 6 -10 years of project management experience in support of IT products.
· Broad knowledge of/experience in end user computing and PC Workstation-based applications and hardware.