EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Our organization helps companies in business across all industries to identify and capitalize on business opportunities. As a leading professional service organization, EY is present in 140 countries worldwide and employs over 160,000 people. We offer our clients, which are small, medium-sized companies and international corporations, a broad array of services in audit, tax and advisory.
Your key responsibilities
As a Tax Analyst / Advanced Tax Analyst in GDS Indirect Tax Center, you will be focused on preparation of projects/services in the domain of Indirect Tax/VAT.
Skills and attributes to success
· Preparing indirect tax returns and file (where applicable) these returns via the country specific filing tool - applicable to GDS only.
· Demonstrating an understating of basic tax concepts and proactively increases tax knowledge through client assignments and current tax developments.
· Multitasking on various projects within the tax segment and be cross trained.
· Proposing improvement possibilities to raise effectiveness and efficiency of the work processes.
· Developing and delivering quality and timely services and work products efficiently.
· Complying with Ernst & Young compliance procedure.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
· Graduate preferably in Commerce / Accounting / Business-related courses
· 0 – 2 years of experience, preferably in an Accounting/Tax field
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
Ideally, you must have:
· Dynamic, innovative & problem resolution focus with good communication skills
· Demonstrate good computer knowledge - in MS Excel and a basic knowledge of other MS Office, Web-based applications
· Basic knowledge about functioning/usage of ERP-systems
· Individual showing great interest in working with multi-country clients
· Individual being capable of working Independently
· Team player - driving the team towards progression
What we look for
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with the ability to work in a collaborative environment to provide exceptional client service across global sites. You’ll be a confident team player developing strong people management skills and picking up new skills which will help you solve complex problems. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.