EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) Assurance practice supports global EY client–serving teams with their reviews across industry sectors, including financial services, manufacturing and technology, among others. Through the right multidisciplinary team of professionals with the sector knowledge and subject matter expertise, EY GDS Assurance enables EY client teams in over 30 countries to help world’s leading companies meet their audit requirements.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for an excellent career opportunity as an Analytics Delivery Specialists (Data Analytics Associate) for the APAC Data Delivery Team. The successful candidate will be joining a new team which will be dynamic as it grows to support the APAC Assurance business. The reporting line will be into the Data Delivery Team Lead in Taguig.
Your key responsibilities
The use of data analytics and automation of processes is a key focus of EY’s Assurance practice and an integral part of the audit services we provide to our clients. The process to request, capture, transfer transform and prepare client data for analysis is a foundational prerequisite to integrating analytics into the audit and is the central mission of our Data Delivery team. The Data Delivery team collaborates with Assurance teams to deliver in depth data analysis across a variety of business processes, for a wide range of clients.
Skills and attributes for success
· Manage a portfolio of engagements as assigned by the APAC Helix resourcing administrator through a web-based tracking site.
· Work with engagement teams to create a repeatable analytics delivery process that allows teams to understand, cleanse and transform complex data sets to an easily digestible format through the use of data analytics tools.
· Develop and maintain relationships with engagements teams and commit to create a common user experience through a standardized analytics approach.
· Complete data analytics projects based on an agreed service-level agreement (SLA) and escalate long outstanding projects to the Data Delivery Operations Lead.
· Create working papers documenting the procedures performed in a concise and organized manner, and meet the requirements set forth in the audit methodology.
· Stay up-to-date with new analytics techniques, auditing and accounting standards which impact the use data analytics in audit engagements and apply best practices in managing data efficiency throughout the data delivery process.
To qualify for the role, you must have
· A degree in accounting, management accounting, accounting technology, financial management, information systems and other related fields.
· Relevant knowledge of data analytics software (e.g., MS SQL Server, Alteryx), is a plus.
· Relevant knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g., Spotfire, Microsoft Power BI) and other ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) specific tools (e.g. SAP, Oracle), is a plus.
· A strong understanding of business processes and related risks particularly those that impact financial reporting.
· Basic understanding of working with remote desktop protocols, file shares and SQL servers.
· Project management skills in handling multiple projects with conflicting demands, timeframes, and stakeholders.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills needed to build relationships with engagement teams.
· An ability to function well in high pressure situations.
· Effective writing and presentation skills.
· Integrity within a professional environment.
What we look for
We look for high performers, who consistently deliver quality work while continually looking for ways to improve. We want you to have a clear sense of personal and professional accountability and know how to build relationships by doing the right thing. We look for people who demonstrate drive, vision and determination and are passionate about helping our clients achieve their goals.
We want people who understand the challenges of working in a professional services environment and are focused on achieving and delivering the best for our clients.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation & benefits package and different rewards program like awards & recognitions, loyalty awards and travel opportunities.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world, thus, the organization promotes continuous learning and development opportunities by providing in-house technical and supplemental training related to each role, as well as promoting developmental programs, such as mentoring activities, projects, and the like, which will aide in our employees’ succession planning and career advancement.
Talk to anyone at EY and they’ll tell you what a rewarding place it is to work. As you collaborate with colleagues in our high-performing teams, you gain exposure to some of the most complex and stimulating situations in the business world.
For us, it’s vital you share our goals — so we can work together to achieve success.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.