Description de l'offre
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organisation running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
The way EY people work together, and with clients, is becoming increasingly influenced by technology, and this trend is only likely to accelerate. As part of IT you may be responsible for large strategic enterprise application development, enterprise security, business intelligence, cloud and data centre services, as well as other technology products. IT plans, develops and manages all technology used in EY to enhance service delivery, drive revenue growth and profitability and strengthen our competitive advantage as the most globally integrated organisation in professional services.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The Data Center Facilities Operations Specialist within Proximity Services (PS) is responsible for supporting day-to-day operations of an Information Technology (IT) data centers in a specific PS region’s branch offices. The role deploys and installs hardware equipment and associated infrastructure peripherals specific to elements such as data storage and server maintenance. The role provides appropriate racking or mounting of server equipment in aligned frameworks and then stacking to maximize efficiency and minimize the required floor space used by network resources within the data rooms. The role activities are also aligned with the proper maintenance of all cabling and other aspects of connectivity to maintain the operational readiness of a branch facility and storage capacity requirements in a compliant manner. The role has an advanced knowledge of IT applications present in a region as well as the IT infrastructure and data center facilities operations inclusive of hardware and infrastructure supporting the geography. The role recognizes the cross regional requirements and interfaces necessary to operate with consistency across all regions and aligns with peers in those other regions to identify best work practices to support the global PS model. The role is an individual contributor managed by the Data Room Facilities Operations Regional Lead for PS.
· Provides for the ongoing operations, availability and stability for data center infrastructure such as structured cabling, server hardware, network, and storage equipment within a Data Room Facility to support of IT processing requirements and business directives
· Installs monitors and decommissions as necessary Global Infrastructure Services (GIS) infrastructure components and other hardware within the Data Room IT environment to maintain appropriate service levels in accordance with agreed to guidelines.
· Supports and reviews Service Level Agreements (SLA), Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and other metrics to ascertain appropriate performance of all hardware within the branch data center and to identify and escalate variances in facilities performance.
· Provides technical support to remediate basic incidents or technology change ticket orders to support hardware replacement, upgrades and other requests for remediation. Completes the restoration of service within specified SLA parameters with business
· Ascertains compliant performance and capacity of Data Room Facilities in accordance with EY compliance mandates and IT directives as part of metrics reviews and escalation procedures.
· Creates and maintains appropriate documentation of all infrastructure stock equipment such as hardware items that have been installed or removed so that Data Room Facilities Operations inventory is up to date and properly accounted for.
· Supports and partners with building facilities and IT management teams on changing Business and Usual (BAU) directives and advanced planning activities that affect the branch’s data center facilities
· Provides support of off hour on call rotation to maintain appropriate support staff within the branch on a round the clock basis the role requires a basic analytical acumen and solution orientation to understand and appropriately identify variances in the day to day operation of a Data Room facility.
· The role is an individual contributor who is managed in the day to day activities by the Data Room Facilities Operations Regional Lead.
· Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's/College Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
· At least 5 to 7 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position, minimum of 3 years’ experience in various aspects of technology infrastructure management and operations, with more specific experience in running and in supporting a mission critical production environment.
· Experience with various aspects of hosting center technology infrastructure management and operations with experience in maintaining larger-scale data centers preferred
· Strong knowledge of facility technologies (HVAC, power distribution, generated back-up power, rack management and Data Center cable plant)
· The role requires a basic analytical acumen and solution orientation to understand and appropriately identify variances in the day to day operation of a Data Room facility.
· Preferably with progressive levels of certification as a Certified Data Center Professional (CDCP) or Certified Data Center Specialist (CDCS) are required to properly examine a data facility’s directives according to industry standards.