EY’s people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Our Advisory Services (AS) practice, a specialty advisory practice within EY, provides risk, performance improvement and IT risk services through a suite of industry-focused operational solutions helping companies around the world evaluate and enhance their risk management and business process functions.
Information Technology Security is a top issue many of our clients are facing and EY can help. Our Security professionals comprise former CSOs, CIOs and specialized subject matter professionals. Drawing on our in-depth knowledge and extensive experience working with major organizations, we work with clients to deliver sustainable, measurable results:
· Transforming information security programs . Security program management helps companies understand the multiple security challenges that confront them every day. Our experienced professionals can help to effectively balance people, processes and technology — enabling better security and risk decisions, and a reduction in the cost of managing overall security risk.
· Identifying and responding to cyber threats . With reputation and brand on the line, companies can’t afford to be compromised. A company's data needs to be safeguarded before something happens — not just repair the damage after it’s been done. Our threat and vulnerability team can help build the right model to protect companies, inside and out.
· Managing identity and access effectively and efficiently. Identity and access management (IAM) processes are critical to meeting compliance needs and improving operational efficiency. Companies continue to invest in point solutions without having a complete vision. We can help improve IAM capabilities to deliver improved compliance and better management of systems.
· Preventing information loss and addressing privacy regulations . Increased and revised legislation is making companies rethink how they manage, move and use personal information and intellectual property. Our privacy and data protection professionals can help develop new strategies for securing information that balance regulatory requirements with business needs.
· Maintain a strong client focus by serving client needs and developing relationships with client personnel. Stay abreast of current business/economic developments relevant to the client's business. Respect and protect confidential client information.
· Demonstrate ability to find and then surface problems and opportunities with the team. Analyze key data issues, patterns, and trends to identify implications.
· Improve clients' efficiency and effectiveness through the design of their operations, processes, information technology, and business functions.
· Execute procedures, perform detailed data analysis, reach conclusions, document results, and suggest ideas for efficiencies. Recognize relevant issues and assess the risks associated with various client transactions.
· Listen attentively, ask pertinent questions, listen intelligently and actively to the answers, deliver facts, opinions, and analyses in a way that keep the listener’s attention.
· Take full responsibility for tasks including consistently reviewing own work to identify and improve own approach for producing quality work products. Complete work in a timely manner and take responsibility for all work outputs.
· Develop rapport with others by demonstrating an understanding of their concerns, needs and issues and focus on developing an internal network of relationships that can provide advice and support.
· Provide feedback to the team about new or emerging client needs and demonstrate an understanding of EY's key competitive capabilities and value propositions for relevant clients. Seek, develop, and present ideas to apply EY's services.
· Utilize technology and tools to continually learn and innovate, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery.
· Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to travel as well as work in excess of standard hours when necessary. Some travel should be expected. Travel requirements dictate applicant must have a valid driver’s license and passport.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
· A Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, business and/or other related major.
· Knowledge or experience in the oil & gas or utilities sector.
· Candidates must be willing to pursue related professional designations (eg: CISA, CISSP, etc.). Accounting or related financial educational backgrounds are considered an asset.
· Knowledge of internal controls (eg: COBIT, COSO).
· Previous experience in IT audit, information security, data analysis, project management or Enterprise Resource Planning systems (particularly SAP) are considered an asset.
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent leadership and teamwork skills
· Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
· Willingness to travel
· Ability to work within deadlines by multi-tasking and managing priorities
· Be legally entitled to work in Canada.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.