As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Financial Accounting Advisory Services
FAAS assists EY’s advisory clients in solving their complex accounting and financial reporting issues in Indian GAAP, IFRS, US GAAP, or Ind-AS.
FAAS solutions are provided by a senior team – generally, manager and above - with strong financial reporting skills, in-depth sector knowledge, and an advisory mindset.
FAAS is strongly aligned to the accounts and Business Unit structure at EY, which is set up according to sector. This means that you will have the chance to improve your sector knowledge of particular industries. FAAS also has a strong network within EMEIA and the Global firm of EY, which means we can bring the best practices and experiences to bear for our clients in India. It may also offer opportunities for international exposure for FAAS India team members.
All this provides an excellent opportunity to build on the skills and knowledge you have developed to date in audit or in industry, and to increase the breadth of your experience in the financial reporting implications of transactions, business models, systems implementation and tax planning.
FAAS is a small and fast-growing team with excellent exposure to the firm’s key clients, and gives excellent growth opportunities for the right candidates.
The challenge of working in the FAAS team is very different from being part of the Audit or Assurance practice or even an industry role, although all of your experience to date will be relevant. Firstly, all assignments are project-based, and the primary skill-set required is one of problem solving not problem identification. In addition, you will very often find yourself working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, alongside EY professionals from the Transaction Support, Advisory, Valuations or Tax team. And at manager level and above, you will be responsible for an account portfolio, developing further opportunities to support our clients
Your key responsibilities
• Manage / execute FAAS projects, develop and implement solutions (see above)
• Identify and develop business opportunities; manage accounts (depending on level)
• Coach junior team members, encourage technical excellence and learning
• Integrate with other EY service lines on multi-disciplinary projects
• Contribute to thought leadership and participate in marketing activities
Skills and attributes for success
• Strong IGAAP and/or IFRS and/or US GAAP financial reporting experience in complex/large companies, most likely in Big 4 audit/advisory/transaction vertical or MNC finance/M&A environment
• Ability to explain complex accounting and financial reporting issues simply
• Advisory mind-set, ability to develop solutions for the client with support from technical subject matter experts
• Business development skills and aptitude, depending on level. In applicants at Senior Manager and above, a strong track record of business development is expected
• Specific financial reporting experience in at least one of the following:
• Transactions (acquisitions, carve outs, demergers, restructuring)
• Preparation for IPO including listing rules in India/UK/US
• Complex consolidation structure in an MNC environment including implementation of ERP/consolidation IT system
• Tax planning and complex structures
• Developing and delivering technical training
• Specific financial reporting topics: revenue recognition; financial instruments; off-balance sheet financing; consolidation and SPEs; banking; insurance;
• Strong project management skills
To qualify for the role you must have
• CA qualified (or equivalent e.g. CPA/ICAEW/ACCA)
• Good academic record (1st/2nd time passes for ICAI or equivalent)
Ideally you’ll also have
• Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
• Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
• Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility.