EY’s global Centre of Expertise for Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) is based in the UK and controls and co-ordinates the delivery of IPT services around the world, providing clients with a global single-point-of-contact for governance and control of all IPT matters. The team is supported by our global network of dedicated IPT professionals in more than 150 countries where transactional taxes are levied on premiums (including VAT, GST, WHT, and other parafiscal charges), as well as a dedicated support team of IPT professionals based in our Gurgaon, India office.
Our IPT professionals provide pragmatic commercial help to insurers, brokers and multinational policyholders so they can improve their day-to-day reporting for indirect tax. They use their deep sector experience and knowledge of different legal and regulatory systems around the world to help clients meet their compliance obligations as well as achieve their business goals.
We are looking for an experienced, high performing Tax Advisor to join our team based in London to help drive the IPT practice forward and manage our growing client portfolio.
Your key responsibilities
· Enthusiastic, experienced manager with the ability to create, sustain and lead effective teams
· Able to ensure the delivery of quality work and take day to day leadership of delivery team at the “Big 4“ level
· Able to manage a portfolio of compliance clients, identify, suggest and implement process improvements, supporting the management team
· Able to help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff.
· Able to contribute to wider initiatives, including retaining and training international tax professionals, mentoring, coaching and embracing EY values, for example, diversity and inclusion
· Overall, required to demonstrate significant and independent involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and through managing junior staff development and assignment as well as initiating process enhancement
Skills and attributes for success
· Able to work with the offshore (India) and onshore (UK – ETC) teams to plan, and deliver the entire compliance and/or reporting process.
· Able to actively seek possible improvements to processes, technologies and methodologies (e.g. automation, analytics) and communicate relevant ideas with the team and other stakeholders.
· Able to ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day leadership of delivery team.
· Able to help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff both offshore and onshore.
· Able to contribute to people and firm-related initiatives, including retaining and training international tax professionals.
· Able to demonstrate significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and through managing junior staff development and assignment as well and resource allocation and cost management.
To qualify for the role, you must have
· Previous experience in Indirect Tax experience, preferably. Experience in Insurance Premium Tax would be highly beneficial.
· Project management skills and the ability to plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor your own budget and engagement metrics.
· Ability to build strong client relationships and be commercially aware.
· Negotiation skills
· Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell/ cross-sell work.
· Effective time management skills’ the ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Be an excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
· Be an enthusiastic, inclusive team player with ability to integrate into a diverse and dynamic team.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Project management skills i.e. the ability to plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor your own budget and communicate effectively at all levels.
What we look for
· Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
· Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
· Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
· Change orientated with flexible approach
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.