Markets IT Service Delivery is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of programs/projects to develop and maintain global applications and systems. The team is geographically dispersed and comprises of all disciplines required to deliver IT solutions for our customers, including project managers, business analysts, application engineers, quality assurance & testers and implementation managers. In addition the function works closely with the Enterprise & Solution Architecture and Infrastructure & Operations teams.
Markets IT Service Delivery is forward looking organization and makes use of the latest releases of technology from Microsoft amongst others. They are responsible for the delivery of programs that offer a chance to work on web applications that span the spectrum of devices from desktop to tablets to smart phones.
The AE Technical Lead coordinates and manages a team of development resources to enforce process and review output of developers to ensure predictability and quality of deliverables. AE Technical Lead will have full responsibility for the user interface along with all code that drives it.
Essential Functions of the Job:
· Develop and deliver technical systems.
· Maintain adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
· Participate in the development and review of documents to comply with SDLC methodologies [e.g. Engineering Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), estimation,
· Solution Design Document (SDD) and Software Architecture Documents (SAD)].
· Provide support and documentation to assist in sustaining the project during the transition to production where necessary.
· Adhere to Application Engineering methodologies, standards, code reviews.
· Provide feedback regarding application engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices when appropriate.
· Identify potential points of contention for missed activities and notify project leadership of situation and remediation plan.
· Minimize technical exposure and risk on projects.
· Technical deliverables (i.e., code and documentation) on projects assigned.
· Translate detailed Requirements and Design and Solution Architecture deliverables into detailed design specifications.
· Maintain effective and consistent communication within the team, with peers, the leadership team and the peers in other IT groups.
· Proactively raise issues to Technical and Group Leads when necessary.
· Produce high quality application engineering deliverables in accordance with the project timeline.
· Build and unit test a project to detailed design specifications.
· Provide thought leadership and technical guidance to engineering staff.
· Application Development Work breakdown structure
· Solutions Design Documents.
· Release Packages.
· Hand-over documentation for operations.
· Unit Test Scripts.
· Assign tasks to developers.
· Review of code completed.
· Review performance of developers.
· Make assessments of contractor abilities.
· Proactively anticipate project issues before they occur; define the problem; identify possible causes; work with team to identify solutions; select and implement most appropriate solution.
· Apply judgment in implementing Application Engineering methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
· Proactively identifies and addresses application engineering strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
· Proactively anticipates project issues before they occur; defines the problem; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution.
· Applies judgment in implementing Application Engineering methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability.
· Sound analytical skills and problem solving skills needed to manage multiple technical challenges simultaneously per each project assigned when needed.
· Solid interpersonal communication and organizational skills required to operate as a contributing member of global technical teams that deliver quality services.
· Strong technical skills designing, developing, debugging, documenting, and implementing applications.
· Knowledge of organizational structure of the firm to facilitate work with groups outside of the immediate technical team.
· Strong knowledge and experience in all IT methodologies and life cycles that will be used.
· Familiar with infrastructure implementation/management, service/operations management, etc.
· Possesses an understanding of IT Services: service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as organizational structure.
· Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on
· service offerings and products provided by IT.
· Leads an application development/engineering team with respect to the Technical Lead’s assigned program/project with both local and remote resources; directly mentors staff working on the project; works with Service Delivery Manager and Program/project managers if issues arise within Project; works with Team Leader if issues arise with development/engineering staff assigned to project; supports and monitors project’s progress
· Provides feedback for development/engineering staff with respect to the project work Responsible for assessing the technical skills of the application development/engineering staff where appropriate Exercises influence at many levels of the organization
· Obtains necessary supervision and support to ensure quality, adherence to application engineering methodologies, standards, leading practices, budgets, and timelines are met
· Serves as a role model by promoting and demonstrating commitment to application development/engineering methodologies, processes and standards for both EY and industry-wide, recommending process improvements when necessary Experience managing and motivating virtual teams Lends expertise to internal IT teams and task forces as well as other IT projects/programs.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and/or equivalent work experience.
· Ability to lead and task manage software engineers and provide appropriate level of guidance and oversight to ensure delivery of engineering deliverables.
· At least 7 years of relevant work experience with a concentration in front end design and development.
· 7+ years of HTML experience, HTML 5 is a plus
· 5-7 years of CSS experience.
· 4+ years of jQuery experience.
· 1+ years of JSON experience.
· 4+ years of ASP.NET experience.
· 2-4 years of WCF experience.
· 1+ years of experience with Object-Relational Mappers such as Entity Framework
· 5-7 years of experience of working with web applications that has a SQL Server backend.
· 5+ years of experience working with SSRS, SSIS and SQL Server 2008R2 and 2012
· 7+ years of SQL Programming experience
· 4+ years of experience working on N-Tier'd applications.
· A firm grasp of design concepts such as Responsive Design, Progressive Enhancement, Adaptive Rendering, and Minimal Download Strategy.
· Strong understanding on client side performance optimization techniques.
· Experience working in Agile Development Methodologies and frameworks.
· 1-3 years of experience with Team Foundation Server.
· Skilled with developing and maintaining an engineering task plan for an engineering team.
· Demonstrated ability to appropriately use proper configuration management disciplines for a large engineering team.
· Strong object oriented design skills and ability to articulate designs using UML diagrams
· Demonstrated experience working for large organizations on complex projects.
· Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships.
· Proven ability to facilitate change management with teams.
· Experience in the full project and delivery life cycles - from planning to delivery, implementation and completion / handover.
· Good negotiation and resolution skills.
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
· Ability to work within diverse, global, virtual teams.
· Proven ability to thrive under pressure.
· In-depth knowledge of object oriented analysis and design (OOAD) principles, and familiarity with many design patterns for Software applications.
· Demonstrated expertise in application design and construction, work breakdown structure of items, design and code reviews, unit test and build activities, deployment and performance related activities, documentation, support and training/mentoring.