Description de l'offre
Date: Aug 2, 2018
We are now looking for a Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers. In this role, you will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
Ericsson is the world's largest telecom services provider, supporting operators in creating competitive, attractive, and appealing offerings to consumers. Our technology leadership, business understanding and extensive experience of managing telecom-grade, carrier-class projects, and multivendor networks, make Ericsson the market leader in telecom services.
The key to our success is our people, those who have the right mindset, competence, and ability to achieve our business objectives. What we look for are employees who are customer focused, have a consultative and entrepreneurial mindset, and take great pride in customer satisfaction. We value accountability, flexibility, a sense of urgency, strong team work and the ability to adapt to changes and take ownership.
This is a position for a Solution Architect in the RNAM BSS & IN Revenue Management Organization.
As a Solution Architect (SA) you will be responsible for managing customer requirements and proposing solutions utilizing Ericsson and 3rd party products. The SA is engaged with the account team from pre-sales through the implementation and conclusion stages of the project as well as solution life cycle management. The SA should be competent in handling constant change of scope and displaying leadership with respect to Ericsson resources as well as third party suppliers and subcontractors. As an SA you will be placed at the center of activities, entailing a high level of interaction with Product Units, Systems Integration teams as well as Customer Technical, Marketing and Business Development teams.
If this describes you and you are looking to be challenged, please apply to the following position.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Customer engagement while working closely with Customer Unit Sales and Engagement Practices organizations.
· Gather customer requirements and specifications and translate those needs into effective solutions to meet customer expectations.
· Drive business and BSS and Charging solution development with the customer
· Find new business opportunities based on expanding existing customer solutions as well as creating new ones.
· Drive customer meetings for BSS and Charging solutions.
· Develop cost estimates and, and perform project planning including adaptations
· Define and implement process in a telecom system integration domain.
· Respond to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
· Lead BSS projects as technical solution owner and SME
· BS or MS in Computer Science, or Computer Engineering or acceptable equivalent
· 10+ years experience working in software design and/or integration within the Telecommunications or IT space is required
· At least 7 years in-depth experience working with Billing Systems and CRM systems for telecom service providers
· Experience with BSCS Billing system is preferred.
· At least 5 years experience as a Lead Solution Architect for large-scale Billing transformation projects.
· Experience with design and deployment of a Convergent Charging/Billing Solution is an added advantage
· At least 2 years experience working in a direct customer-facing role in a technical sales role.
· Working with Real-time Charging solutions (Prepaid) for a wireless carrier is an added advantage.
· At least 2 years experience in project costing (Cost Estimates, Bill of Materials)
· Experience in putting together commercial proposals
· Experience in development of business cases an added advantage
· Knowledge of customer business processes
· Solid knowledge of customer business processes and frameworks for telecom best practice (eTOM, TOGAF, ITIL)
· Knowledge of telecom call-flows
· Experience in full lifecycle of software development and system integration
· Excellent knowledge of IP networking and Internet technologies (TCP/IP, CIP/IP, DNS, HTTP, Radius, Diameter). Experience with IPv6 is highly desired
· Solid knowledge of Programming languages such as Java, C/C++, Perl, Unix Shell scripting
· Solid working knowledge of Databases such as MySQL and Oracle
· Strong knowledge of XML, SNMP, LDAP, SOAP protocols.
· Knowledge of Ericsson BSS and IN products an added advantage
· Experience in an operator (Carrier) environment is highly desired
· Datacom experience is a plus.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills highly desired
· Excellent presentation skills needed.
· Ability to examine situations from a highly analytical perspective
· Strong team leadership skills are necessary
· People management skills needed
· Negotiation skills needed
· Project management skills a plus.
· Ability to work under stressful situations, meet tight deadlines and deliver services with high quality
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson's legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Bellevue || SharedServ