Date: Oct 5, 2018
Job Description – Engineer Service & Resource Fulfillment (GNOC)
1 .Job Details
· Position: Circuit Planning Engineer
· Job Stage: 3 ( Asst Engineer)
· Location: Bangalore, India
· Reporting Manager: CA Manager SRF
· Education : Degree in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
· 1 - 2 years of relevant experience
· At-least 2 year must have been spent working on Mux(s) :
Huawei à CX600, M2000
Ericsson à OMS1664, OMS1684, Minilink Traffic Node
Nortel à TN1-C, TN4XE, TN16XE, OME(N61,N62,N64)
ALU à 1642,1660,1662,1678,1626
ECI à Micro SDM,BG20,BG40,XDM100,XDM300,XDM1000
· Good understanding of Telecom Networks specially in 2G/3G/4G (LTE)
· Experience of creating circuits 2Mb/34 or 45Mb/STM1, higher order circuits,
Ethernet provisioning etc. via NMS and EMS
· Experience using tools like MV38, EC1/Preside, 1353NM/1354RM,
· Sound knowledge of Transmission Technologies like SDH,PDH,DWDM.
· Good understanding of Telecom Networks specially in 2G/3G/4G BSS domain.
· Having experience on Ericsson RAN(BTS,BSC, Node B, RNC), Alcatel RAN(BTS,BSC, Node B, RNC) is an additional advantage
· Good working knowledge of Excel, Cramer, Enterprise and common relational databases.
· Experience with CR & Work Order creation, control of work flow.
3 .Essentials for the role
· Should be Customer Oriented
· Should be confident, self-motivated and adaptable
· Should work independently
· Should work well under time constraints
· Should be a team player
· Adopts a right first time approach to working practices
· Takes responsibility of actions and strives for high achievement
· Should actively contribute to improvements and change
· Pro-active and able to sustain high stress levels
· Should have good verbal, oral and written communication skills in English
The Circuit Planning Engineer is typically assigned to work for planning / provisioning related activities (Transmission) in a managed services operations organization.
The primary purpose is to take full responsibility of change control and work flow for the day to day management of Transmission Network.The position responsible will be required:
· To work within well defined system support guidelines & processes (MSTOP).
· Responsible for planning / provisioning related activities on Transmission Network.
· Coordination with other Design Teams to ensure solutions is delivered in a timely and optimal manner.
· CR & Work Order Handling to ensure change control and work flow within well defined system support guidelines.
· Update, audit, maintain and create data for Transmission Network.
· Provisioning of Bandwidth for 2G/3G new sites & Wireline Network, expansions, Migrations, Optimizations activities according to the network requirements within stipulated time in line with defined KPI's.
· To participate in technical discussion in view to improve performance and make recommendation wherever possible.
· Good knowledge of service performance indicators and their interpretation.
· To ensure correct work methodology in order to avoid outages due to unawareness.
· To organize in house trainings & workshops as necessary to communicate new network changes and developments, backup plans etc.
· Ensure quality check for all planning / provisioning on Transmission Network.
· Problem solving: must be able to pro-actively analyze problems and determine solutions based on the facts.
· Interpersonal skills: must be able to demonstrate good oral and written communication. Ability to listen to others and exchange information and knowledge clearly and concisely.
· Team working: Work closely with other departments to support optimisation activities and data /connectivity related discrepancies and faults.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Bangalore || IT
Req ID: 254874