As Short Term Trader, you will play a pivotal role within the Short Term Trading desk, organized within the Power Asset Management division.
The mission of Short Term Trading is to maximize the revenues of the ENGIE power portfolio within the CWE region and maximize the value of intraday trading activities in the developing pan-European Intraday markets.
These activities are executed within a sub team of 7 people organized continuous 24/7 and taking up both Trading & scheduling activities.
You will interact very closely to the Algorithmic trading development team.
Main activities & challenges
In the role of Short Term Trader, you will be responsible for:
· Maximizing the CWE portfolio in intra-day, taking into account intraday cross-border capacity availabilities, real-time generation constraints, power sales reforecast, intermittency and demand side management options.
· Leveraging our market expertise in order to maximize the value of our trading activities. You will act as a single window to the intraday Market in order to cover the real time physical needs of Power Dispatch and re-optimize the asset portfolio against the intraday power market prices.
· Develop strategies to enter new emerging intraday power markets which can serve the portfolio of assets, intermittency, DSM and develop efficient strategies to capture trading opportunities on those different markets.
· Delivering 3 rd party services for external Customers.
· Performing all intraday market and cross border activity nominations and related scheduling actions towards power-grid operators in a timely and accurate manner.
· Maintaining procedures, processes and IT applications up-to-date within the scope of Intraday Trading.
· Ensuring correct and timely delivered reporting of portfolio and market activities. Report on a regular basis to the Head of Short Term Trading.
· You combine both analytical and synthesis skills and you are process-oriented.
· You have quant interest and strong desire to efficiently automatize processes
· You demonstrate a pragmatic, economic and logical attitude combined with problem solving skills.
· You are able to perform in stressful circumstances with tight deadlines.
· You have an entrepreneurial spirit and show a good sense for opportunities.
· You are willing to work in a rotating system.
You are a team player with excellent social skills and the ability to operate in a changing environment.
· You have a university degree in engineering and/or economics, or equivalent by experience.
· You have a strong interest in Power Trading, proven trading experience is a strong asset.
· You have strong programming skills like but not limited to Python, R or VBA
· You are able to work in English, and knowledge of French, Dutch and German are considered as strong assets.