ENGIE are recruiting for Shift Engineers to be based in London. These are permanent, full time roles working 12 hour shifts 4 on 4 off. On offer is an annual salary of £33,000 plus £550 per month shift allowance which includes a company benefits package.
Responsible for the technical performance and maintaining Engie and industry standards within the London MOPAC contract, providing guidance to others on site and technical expertise in mechanical /Electrical systems and building fabric components to ensure appropriate and compliant solutions and efficient customer service delivery. The technician will have advanced technical knowledge in more than one area.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain, install, and operate, mechanical/electrical equipment in line with operational requirements of the sites; this includes but not limited to:
· Electrical systems, Fire alarms, Emergency Lights, standby generators, Pumps, AHU’s, Plumbing Systems, Water Treatment Systems, Pressurisation Units, Heat Exchangers, and Calorifiers.
· Ensure compliance with statutory and company procedures, maintaining up to date knowledge of H & S & environmental regulations.
· Repair systems, plant or equipment to the required standards.
· Install, commission & service of plant equipment.
· Diagnose fault-find, debug and commission systems, utilising appropriate technical skills and system knowledge.
· Monitor and assess ongoing machine/ facility performance, through PPM programme as appropriate, identifying any additional works required to meet fit for purpose standards.
· Confer with other engineers and personnel to implement operating procedures are met, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information to the Helpdesk and or Suppliers.
· Administer and complete relevant paperwork for all assignments and forward to the appointed office for filing
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· Approved skill in this area or extensive relevant and practical experience within a similar industry.
· City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering, or similar recognised qualification, and a proven record of practical experience within a high volume reactive workplace/environment.
· Ability to measure, work to plans (method statements), read technical diagrams and communicate, present and report technical information as appropriate to trade/ skill.
· Sound knowledge of Health & Safety including risk assessment & working safely with equipment.
· Training in ACOP L8 would be advantageous
· Possess a high degree of attention to detail
· Proactive and enthusiastic Team Player
· Awareness of Health and Safety
· Highly customer focused
· ‘Can do’ attitude
· Experience of working within Facilities Management
· Experience dealing with customers and suppliers
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
· Posting Date: Nov 6, 2020