ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Security Officer to work on a zero-hour basis at Salford Royal Hospital. This is a temporary role, working an average of 48 hours a week. On offer is a salary of £9.21 per hour and high-quality benefits package (more below).
· Responsible for the security and protection of all Trust staff, visitors and patients
· Regularly patrol the hospital site as a deterrent against theft or vandalism using the electronic checkpoints and report to the Trust in accordance
· Provide security patient/staff and visitor escorts upon request and respond to any requests for assistance with violent and aggressive situations
· Respond to any Burglar or Fire alarm activation on the Northern Batch Hospitals sites and, when necessary, instigate Police response and Alarm Engineer to off-site burglar alarms
· Retrieval and disposal of used needles
· Carry out surveillance and monitoring of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV)
· Reporting of site faults to the Trust maintenance and ENGIE maintenance
· Input all incidents accurately onto a database
· Control and issue of keys and identification badges in accordance with Trust policy
· Monitor the car park entry and exit barriers (rotating shift)
Owing to the Covid19 outbreak, ENGIE have been making some adjustments to support you through your candidate journey while keeping you as safe as possible.
All interviews will take place online via video chat or over the phone (platform alteration will be made accordingly) and we are making sizeable provisions in order to support those who can work from home. In the instances where it is absolutely necessary to visit the site and for key workers, all social distancing measures will be strictly observed.
Our dedicated recruitment team is committed to making your job application as stress-free as possible during this time of unprecedented instability, so we encourage you to contact us with any queries you have about the future of your career here at ENGIE.
Note to internal applicants: Please log in at the top right corner under 'employee sign in' to apply for this role.
Qualifications, Skills or Required Experience:
· A full valid SIA licence
· A full valid CCTV licence
· Previous experience in a similar role
· Competency in a public-facing position
ENGIE Benefits Include:
· 24 days holidays (+8 public holidays)
· Life Insurance
· Employee discount shopping scheme, including discounts on gym memberships, holiday packages and more
· Employee personal & professional development profile
· Personal and career development pathways supported by ENGIE Academy
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role.
ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview
· Posting Date: Jan 14, 2021