ENGIE Insight, formerly Ecova, partners with multi-site businesses that aim to thrive in a sustainable world. With a foundation of accurate and comprehensive resource data – including energy, water, waste and telecom – we apply technology and people expertise to lower costs, drive efficiencies and reduce environmental impact. More than 1,000 customers, including 25%+ of the Fortune 500, turn to ENGIE Insight to help move their sustainable resource management initiatives forward.
ENGIE Insight’s people are our greatest strength, bound by our vision to enable a sustainable world where people, organizations and the environment thrive. We are passionate about making our company and the world a better place; responsible in working with commitment and accountability; collaborative with our colleagues and clients, and agile enough to work in a dynamic, changing industry.
The wide-ranging expertise of our diverse team fuels the innovation that places us on the leading edge of the energy industry. As such, we nurture a company culture—through training, mentoring and professional development—that encourages all employees to thrive. If this the kind of place you see yourself working, we invite you to join ENGIE Insight.
*In order to be considered for the role, your resume must be attached in your application.
The Scrum Master will be front-and-center in our Agile development process. He/she is responsible for making sure the team(s) pragmatically follow the rules and principles that govern scrum. They will wear many hats in this role including being a motivational speaker, coach driver, obstacle mover, progress monitor and doing whatever it takes to resolve issues that may arise throughout the course of development. The Scrum Master will work closely with the Product Owner, Project Manager, and the Development Team.
• Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
• Raises and coordinates removal of scrum team controlled impediments
• Coordinates resolution of external impediments
• Creates focus to minimize external and internal interferences
• Facilitates scrum events as requested or needed
• Encourages the scrum team toward continuous improvement
• Helps the development team feel accountable for their decisions
• Coaches the development team in self-organization and cross-functionality
• Builds relationships with the Product Owner and Management
• Facilitates working agreements between the scrum team and external roles
• Report Sprint Performance for Governance and Stakeholder needs improving transparency, and radiating information
• Works with other scrum masters to increase the effectiveness of scrum within the organization
• Helps employees and stakeholders to understand and enact scrum
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Business or related degree
• Formal training in Agile fundamentals and the Scrum frameworkCertified Agile Project Manager (e.g. PMI-ACP, ICP-APM or equivalent) a plus
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience with software analysis and/or software development is required
• Technical depth of understanding deep enough to converse with developers.
• Working experience with development tools such as Jira or VSTS
• Strong familiarity with Microsoft enterprise server, development, and/or database technologies, including Team Foundation Server
• Experience in agile SW development methodology (scrum).
• SCRUM Agile methodology
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Business and technical savvy
ENGIE Insight Information
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
ENGIE Insight is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
Connect with ENGIE Insight: Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Blog | Videos | Webinars