ENGIE has an immediate opening for a Plant EHS Representative at The Ohio State University in Columbus, OH . The Plant EHS Rep will direct, develop and ensure implementation of an Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Management System that encompasses standards of excellence, programs, policies, procedures and processes (4Ps) for ENGIE North America (ENGIE NA). Responsible for partnering with corporate EH&S and local O&M and Capital Projects teams to influence an organizational culture that leads to an injury free working environment and compliance with all environmental and safety regulations.
What you'll do:
· Responsible for the development, implementation, auditing and monitoring of a comprehensive environmental, health & safety (EHS) compliance program in accordance with local, state, and federal environmental, health and safety regulations in support of ENGIE NA's operations at The Ohio State University.
· Manages the EH&S files and spreadsheets. Provides required monthly statistical reports and all required periodic regulatory reporting. Prepare regulatory reports for officials having signatory authority for submission to regulatory agencies.
· Verifies that all monitoring systems within utilities have the proper QA/QC checks & calibrations. Coordinate regulatory testing for McCracken Power Plant boilers and submit the appropriate documentation
· Performs environmental support work such as fee emission inventory, RATA testing, QA/QC plans, database development and analysis of technical data for Title V permit.
· Conducts regular onsite EH&S training, supervision, compliance audits, incident investigations, and safety cultural assessments. Maintains EH&S training and compliance calendars.
· Leads and directs all serious incident investigations on site. Applies Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) tools when conducting investigations to determine causal factors. Identifies countermeasures to prevent recurrence and eliminate deviations from the standard. Suggests corrective actions and tracks them to conclusion.
· Provides guidance and acts as a role model with regards to environmental health & safety compliance for all local staff in the effective implementation of the 4Ps. Collaborate with the safety committee to guide the site's safety culture.
· Researches new or revised OSHA, EPA & OEPA regulatory requirements. Anticipates changes and updates the 4Ps as required with follow on training for effective implementation.
· Develops the EH&S budget in collaboration with site management.
· Manages the selection of third-party EH&S auditors, consultants and contractors.
· Along with site management implements a strategy that promotes leadership engagement between management, program/project managers, front line supervisors, technician / craft personnel and contractors to create a culture where EH&S is a principle and not a priority.
· Assist in the coordination of reviews of contractor safety plans and procedures to assure their standard is equal or more stringent than ENGIE NA's safety criteria as stipulated in the procurement Terms & Conditions. Act as ISNetworld subject matter expert for group ensuring contractors understand requirements and how to meet them within ISNetworld. Manage contractor safety training & training compliance
· On construction projects work with ENGIE construction manager and project manager to ensure contractors are following ENGIE safety policies as well as their own. Act as safety subject matter expert for construction projects.
· Ability to work in a team environment and act as a liaison between environmental consultants, governmental agencies, The Ohio State University, corporate staff and contractors regarding EHS concerns.
· May travel to conducts process safety and operational excellence assessments/audits at other sites.
What you bring:
· Engineering or safety related Bachelor's Degree or an Associate's Degree/trade license with at least 5 years' experience in a senior health and safety role.
· Minimum seven 5 years' experience in an industrial, power generation, or construction environment in an EH&S capacity.
· Subject matter expert in OSHA, EPA & OEPA regulations
· Exhibit mastery of root cause failure analysis tools and their application for recordable events.
· Possess superior verbal, written, interpersonal, public speaking, facilitation and presentation communication skills when interacting with both internal and external stakeholders.
· Extensive practical experience in process safety and operational excellence standards of performance.
· Subject to 24 hr. emergency call
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to inclement weather involving snow and ice as well as varying environmental conditions to include temperature extremes above 100 and below 0 degrees Fahrenheit.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be high at times.
Why ENGIE? ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
ENGIE is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. All related inquiries must be communicated through Talent Acquisition and not directed to ENGIE North America Managers. Failure to follow the ENA process may result in nonpayment of agency fees.
· Posting Date: Jul 9, 2020