ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a MEP Coordinator to be based in Manchester. This is a permanent full-time role working Monday to Friday. On offer is a competitive salary benefits package.
To ensure that all MEP designs and permissions and produced in compliance with the contract and in time for other designs, procurement and construction to proceed as planned. To understand, adhere and implement the company SHEQ policy/strategy.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Act as Engie point of contact for MEP design issues
· Establishment of Engie design management protocols
· Clear communication of expectations for design deliverables with designers / design sub-contractors
· Delivery of fully co-coordinated and detailed design proposals and production information in time and within budget for design work, procurement and construction
· Leading and minuting design team meetings
· Liaison with the commercial team for cost checking
· Monitoring design production
· Design reviews and presentations to client teams
· Control and integration of sub-contractor design elements
· Monitoring of design and resolution of technical queries
· Distribution of design information
· Completion, maintenance and monitoring of records
· Document management
· Reporting of design progress, RFI status and issues on a weekly basis
· Co-ordinate and manage any BREEAM requirements and ensure these are achieved
· Any other reasonable management request
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
Skills and abilities
· Strong technical understanding of MEP services installation and design requirements
· Able to organise document distribution
· Able to programme design works
· Able to prioritise and organise workflow
· Technical and process minded
· Knowledge of contractual requirements of design and build contracts
· Knowledge of design process and resourcing requirements
· Knowledge of design requirements for procurement and construction purposes
· Technical understanding of services and building fabric implementation solutions
· Knowledge of building regulations / sustainability
Note to internal applicants: Please log in at the top right corner under 'employee sign in' to apply for this role.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Nov 18, 2020