Medior Structural Calculation Engineer
Tractebel, part of ENGIE group has more than 150 years of experience and is one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies. With more than 60 years of nuclear experience, our high-level engineering and consulting services offer added-value across the full lifecycle of nuclear installations, from design to decommissioning.
The working environment
The team “Design and Studies” of the Competence Center « Civil Works and Structural Integrity », part of the business line Nuclear. The Competence Center has teams in Brussels and in the nuclear power plants of Tihange and Doel. You will belong to the team in Brussels, but you'll be in strong interaction with the site of Doel. Work meeting on Doel site are foreseen.
The daily tasks in Brussels cover a wide variety of civil construction activities, ranging from newbuilt projects that often run over several years, short-term renovation projects as well as punctual assistance to the Operator. Your particular task will be dedicated to a long renovation program on cooling tower concrete structures.
· Perform the detailed calculations to justify the renovation of reinforced concrete structures, in transitory or definitive situation;
· Define the necessary protection treatment against corrosion with the help of specialists in this field;
· You perform structural analyses using FEM code;
· Participate actively in the dynamic analysis of nuclear structures and components to various hazards: earthquake, gas explosion, tornado, plane crash accident;
· Predict the response of structures under static and dynamic loading;
· Participate in the writing of technical specifications (design requirements) and the review of technical documents issued by the Contractor;
· Participate in the preparation of offers or the invitation to tender;
· Work in a team of about 10 engineers;
· Share experience and expertise with Junior Engineers.
· Civil Engineer with 5 to 10 years of experience (medior profile) in structural analysis and design;
· Familiar with international codes and standards (NBN, Eurocodes as well as American Standards such as ASCE, ACI, USNRC (SRP and RG), …);
· Experienced with general purpose Finite Element and structural codes (such as ANSYS, SCIA, ...) for static loads or dynamic loads , in case of linear or non-linear analysis ;
· A background in cooling tower design and/or in cathodic protection is an asset;
· Knowledge of nuclear domain and safety is considered as an asset;
· Fluency in Dutch and English are required. The knowledge of French is an asset.
What we offer
· An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
· A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
· An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
· A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
More about Tractebel in Belgium
Tractebel was born in Belgium 150 years ago and today is proud to be one of the world's largest engineering players for energy, water and infrastructure projects. Headquartered in Brussels and present in 33 countries, the company maintains five regional offices and one subsidiary in Belgium, from where more than 1600 staff members provide high-quality engineering and consulting services to private and public clients in the country and across the globe.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
· Posting Date: Jan 22, 2020