At ENGIE North America, innovation and excellence create a platform for growth. We have a range of businesses in the United States and Canada, including clean power generation, cogeneration, and energy storage; retail energy sales; and comprehensive services to help customers run their facilities more efficiently and optimize energy and other resource use and expense. Nearly 100 percent of our power generation portfolio is low carbon or renewable. Globally, ENGIE is the largest independent power producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, with operations in 70 countries employing 150,000 people, including 1,000 researchers in 11 R&D centers.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
The Role: Maintenance Supervisor
The Maintenance Supervisor provides overall planning and supervision for installation, maintenance, alteration, replacement and repair of electrical and mechanical equipment and facilities.
College Park Energy, College Park, Maryland
Hourly – Non-exempt
Essential Job Functions
· Plans, schedules, and provides overall supervision for maintenance work related to mechanical and electrical equipment and piping systems including, but not limited to, turbines, generators, pumps, motors, compressors, valves, electrical controls and high voltage circuit breakers.
· Initiates immediate repairs resulting from forced outages; communicates status to plant chain of command.
· Oversees and coordinates activities of the Mechanical Maintenance department in compliance with personnel policies and procedures.
· Assist in planning, developing, and scheduling major maintenance activities including overhauls, replacements and installations.
· Coordinates maintenance activities with other station sections and support personnel.
· Reviews and evaluates the need for tools, parts and materials for mechanical maintenance work.
· Responds to emergency or unanticipated electrical or mechanical maintenance requirements outside work hours.
· Responsible for arranging on-the-job training of maintenance personnel in accordance with established programs.
· Approve maintenance activities within Mechanical Maintenance. Recommend action on maintenance personnel matters.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Thorough knowledge of all plant systems and understanding of process diagrams, simple electrical diagrams and operating instructions.
· Extensive knowledge in the installation of mechanical and electrical equipment in a generating and steam production station.
· Knowledge of maintenance requirements for gas turbines, steam turbines, boilers and chiller equipment.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Maximo CMMS programs.
· Ability to use analytical judgment to plan and perform diversified work, making decisions within prescribed limitations.
· Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and take direction from others.
· Ability to work overtime, as well as, any schedule including nights and weekends.
Essential Physical Abilities
· Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
· Regularly required to use hands and arms to touch or feel and use tools.
· Frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
· Occasionally required to climb or balance.
· The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering (preferred) and five (5) or more years of relevant experience or
· High School Diploma (required) plus nine (9) years of relevant experience
· Five (5) years of experience as an electrical and/or maintenance supervisor
· Must have demonstrated technical ability in the operation and maintenance of industrial systems.
· Must have in-depth knowledge of power generation, power generation equipment and technology.
Working Environment (Indoors – 80% Outdoors – 20%)
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.
· Posting Date: Feb 25, 2020