At ENGIE Solar , innovation and excellence create a platform for growth. We have a range of businesses worldwide and 100 percent of power generation portfolio is renewable based on photovoltaic plants. Globally, ENGIE is the largest independent power producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, with operations in 70 countries employing 150,000 people, including 1,000 researchers in 11 R&D centers.
Solar energy plays a major role in the energy transition. It represents an enormous growth potential for the ENGIE BUs with very rapid development, construction and operation cycles.
Joining ENGIE Solar means joining a highly motivated team that develops complex projects. It also means developing strong industrial expertise in line with Engineering Procurement Construction's strategy.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation, creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges for today and tomorrow.
For an internship positions we are targeting future Engineers / Master of Science in Control and Automation systems.
You will be working within the Engineering dept., as part of SCADA Engineering Division. Our main purpose is to develop new PV plants and being the number one as EPC global solution worldwide.
· Project Work: Under the guidance of the Lead SCADA engineer, the intern may be involved in project work which may include system design, equipment installation, equipment checkout and project development from engineering to end of commissioning.
· Intern Project: Working on their own assigned project. Projects may involve the reviewing of systems drawings and architectures, basis of PLC coding expectations, specific regulation process regarding GRID authorities, specific Key Performance Indicators of PV plants. Project work may also include observing existing PV plant processes, being involved in test design. Researching new technologies to implement in production environments.
· Other: The student intern may also gain experience in talking to vendors, equipment selection, equipment set up. The intern may also work with process engineering, packaging engineering, quality assurance, industrial engineering and other ENGIE Solar personnel.
The ideal candidate will be a second or third year Systems and/or Controls Engineering Technology student. Specific classes taken should include a mix of the following: SCADA and Communication Systems, Electrical Circuit Theory, Automation and Process Control, Instruments and Basic Circuit Construction, Programmable Controls (PLC), Industrial Systems and Computer and Network Fundamentals. Any experience or interest in electrical wiring, controls, PLC and HMI programming, customer service, and fieldwork is highly desired.
You will need to attach a professional cover letter, as well as your resume. Your resume should include a sample of courses that you’ve taken at college / university. In addition, you must have a high school diploma to qualify for an internship.
ENGIE Solar is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
You have a ENGIE DNA, this means you:
· Wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
· Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
· Have strong planning and organization skills
· Enjoy working in a team, respecting others
· Have a creative mind and passion for renewables energies. (if relevant for function)
· Have excellent communication skills
· Posting Date: Aug 9, 2019