ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Electrical Technician to be based in Glasgow New Stobhill Hospital. This is a permanent full-time role working Monday to Friday. On offer is a competitive salary, and benefits package.
The post holder will have the required electrical maintenance knowledge and experience having completed a recognised apprenticeship, in order to undertake/assist in ensuring the safe and continuous operation of electrical supplies, building systems, plant, equipment, fabric and grounds as part of a flexible maintenance team; responsible, through the line management structure to the Technical Services Manager.
As directed by the Facilities Team Leader, the post holder is responsible for carrying out the maintenance, repair and minor project works within New Stobhill Hospital (and including the Rowanbank Clinic and New Victoria Hospitals), Glasgow. The role will be based primarily within the New Stobhill on a permanent basis with the flexibility to support the other aforementioned units and any other local ENGIE sites as required.
The post holder will be very much involved with the maintenance and minor works covering a wide and varied range of fabric and equipment serving all areas within the New Stobhill Hospital, New Victoria Hospital and LFPU contracts. The works will also incorporate a considerable amount of work within sophisticated locations serving key hospital disciplines such as, but not limited to, operating theatres, renal and endoscopy departments.
Over and above the use of standard hand tools, maintenance work may require the use of specialist tools, workshop fixed equipment, portable electrical equipment, precision calibration and test equipment on which attention to detail is essential to ensure specialist items of equipment are adjusted and set up within the specific parameters advised within manuals/instructions
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· To work in accordance with the requirements of ENGIE rules for the Safe Operation of Low Voltage, Mechanical, Pressure, Water, Medical Gas and Confined Spaces. To work in accordance with the requirements of Scottish Health Technical Memoranda (SHTM’s) and any other relevant statutory compliance requirements.
· Actively participate in the operation, undertaking and control of all planned maintenance schemes in support of the business and contract needs.
· Respond to any unplanned events in a timely fashion and in accordance with the SLA
· Produce Method Statements, Risk Assessments to allow the issue of Permits-to-Work as required.
· Work overtime to carry out additional works installations, improvements, planned maintenance and emergency repairs as required
· Undertake planned and reactive mechanical maintenance tasks, carryout small work and variation requests, and any other tasks deemed reasonable and within the capabilities of the individual at the request of the Facilities Team Leaders or senior management team. This will include but is not limited to; electrical systems, generators, emergency lighting, fire alarm checks, ahu maintenance, water systems maintenance, medical gas maintenance, pressure systems maintenance.
· To liaise with Facilities Team Leaders regarding plant or equipment failures and to arrange for the supply of goods and/or services as necessary.
· Complete all works report sheets and test certificates as necessary on electronic and hard formats as required.
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· Must have successfully completed a recognised electrical apprenticeship, and have a minimum of 2 years previous experience in a similar role carrying out electrical maintenance duties. Hospital maintenance experience is desirable but not essential.
· Be competent to undertake/assist work on the type of building service systems and equipment for which the appointment is sought.
· Be familiar with the type of systems and equipment on which work is required to be undertaken.
· Possess technical knowledge and sufficient experience to avoid any danger that may be presented by the work to be undertaken.
· Have an adequate knowledge of and within the preceding three years have received training in first aid (including CPR Training). If not held, training will be given.
· Desirable but not essential to have some knowledge of all the relevant Scottish Health Technical Memoranda (SHTM) and to work within Permit to Work procedures as appropriate (SHTM 01 - 08, BSRIA, L8, pressure systems Regulations 2000, etc).
Note to internal applicants: Please log in at the top right corner under 'employee sign in' to apply for this role.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
· Posting Date: Sep 9, 2020