The Electrical Design Engineer – HV, LV & PV (Solar Engineer) will work within the ENGIE Electrical & Communications – Electrical Infrastructure Team providing engineering design expertise for new electrical infrastructure projects as required across Australia.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
· In General, Providing high quality electrical engineering design for new infrastructure projects across Australia
· Experience with design of solar projects over 1MW in size
· Experience in Solar PV, LV and HV grid connection and protection requirements
· Design of LV & HV Distribution & Transmission systems
· Developing LV & HV procedures for customer owned HV assets
· Experience with solar inverters, and DC infrastructure
· Testing and commissioning
· Design, integrate and commission power system automation projects based on company standards and accepted engineering practices.
· Provide technical support to sales and project group managers in the review of customer specifications and drawings and provide technical assistance in the development of quotations and proposals.
· Participate in job walks and / or conference meetings with the assigned project group manager / project manager to provide mentoring and ensure a proper engineering solution is designed.
· Assist with developing proposal documentation that can be used to support the marketing effort for both standard and custom control solutions.
· Site inspections for compliance with design and standards identification of issues and risks
· Provide consulting support for large projects, which would include the review of both low and medium voltage switchgear arrangements and the associated control components.
· Provide a quality review of designated controls projects at both the “Approval” and “Pre-Commissioning” stage.
· Interpret and apply applicable industry standards and other requirements as needed.
· Identify cost reduction opportunities for projects.
· Participate in the development of project standards as applicable to power system reliability and backup power systems.
· Ensuring infrastructure designs and installations meet Australian Standards requirements
The successful candidate will have:
· Degree or similar in Electrical Engineering with a focus on power systems (CPEng preferred)
· 3 to 8 years proven experience in electrical design (low and high voltage and solar PV systems)
· Experience in detailed design of electrical infrastructure for data centres an advantage
· Experience in grid connect generation systems such as PV, Co-Tri Generation
· Solid knowledge of AutoCAD or similar
· Exposure to multi-discipline projects
· Complete power systems analysis
· Load strategies
· Grid protection
· Cable calculations
· Earthing design
What's in it for you?
· ENGIE is a global energy company operating in over 70 countries with 25 branches across Australia
· Team and people focused work culture
· Trusted name and brand
· Join an innovative company building energy efficient communities for a sustainable future
If you are interested and meet the selection criteria apply with an up-to-date resume via the apply instructions on this website.
Please note that we are can only accept applications from those with full working rights in Australia . ENGIE Services is an EEO employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to the opportunities available.
· Posting Date: Jul 6, 2020