ENGIE are recruiting for 4 Assistant Technical Managers to be based at Queen Alexandra Hospital, Southwick Hill, Portsmouth PO6 3LY. These are permanent, full time roles working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a salary banding of £32,000 - £34,000, dependent upon skills and experience.
The role of the Assistant Technical Managers is to ensure the efficient and effective operation and maintenance of hospital healthcare engineering systems and services and the promotion of good engineering practices, whilst ensuring compliance to statutory and healthcare engineering. Reporting to the Technical Manager.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Support the Estates Management in the provision of a 24 hr maintenance Service within the Portsmouth Hospital Trust for the service provider.
· Ensure safe systems of work in line with HTM’s and recognised codes of practice and carry out the duties of Authorised Person, as designated, in accordance with Company and HTM standards for the multiple systems designated to you (following training, assessment and formal appointment).
· Oversee the day to day management of the healthcare engineering systems under your control, ensuring all contractual and legislative Planned and Reactive Maintenance tasks are completed on time and to a high standard.
· Manage and oversee external sub-contractors and professionals
· Implementation, action the day to day monitoring, and maintenance of risk management systems to ensure there is no uncontrolled clinical impact.
· To work within the quality (ISO 9001) system for the Estates DepartmentTo work as part of a multi-skilled team providing an efficient estates service.
· To be part of an out of hours on-call roster, must be able to be onsite within 1 hour. For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Required Qualifications & Experience:
· ONC/HND in Engineering discipline (or Equivalent
· Previous experience in management of Hard FM Services
· Mechanical or Electrical background
· Good understanding of HTM, HBN and relevant British Standards
· Experience of working on a PFI contract, within the PFI delivery model
· Knowledge and experience of all healthcare engineering services would be an advantage.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
· Posting Date: Jun 26, 2019