ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Apprentice Ground Worker to be based in Grimsby. This is an Apprenticeship lasting 24 months, full-time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
ENGIE have identified a great opportunity to introduce a ground worker apprentice to their highways Management team. ENGIE are looking to employ a confident and motivated individual to work at the North East Lincolnshire Contract who is looking for career and personal development opportunities. The successful candidate will be responsible to the highways maintenance manager and assist with the delivery of maintenance to the public highway and pedestrian walkway networks.
The individual will be required to work towards and successfully complete a NVQ level 2 qualification over a 2 year duration.
Key Responsibilities :
Installing drainage and service ducts
Erecting and dismantling a basic working platform
Additional competencies in:
· Employment responsibilities and rights
· Health and safety
· Drug and alcohol awareness
· Mobile towers
· Safe use of ladders
· Manual handling
· Safe use of small tools and equipment.
On a Highway Maintenance apprenticeship you’ll learn all the skills and knowledge you need to work on the highways – including training in Construction Technology – and achieve a Construction Diploma, including:
3.Basic building methods
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will have qualifications/certifications:
· Level 2 Construction Diploma in construction operations
· Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Construction
· Level 1 Functional Skills
· Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
· City and Guilds 6156 Street Works Units 1 and 2
The apprenticeship provides a foundation for individuals to develop skills and behaviours in the construction environment which provides a pathway to development to level 3 qualification.
The role will requires the individual to work in the highways maintenance team and rota through a number of different construction disciplines on a six month rotation programme.
This will include:
· Induction to the company
· Induction to the operational maintenance service through a 4 week rotation (Stores and office, yard work, ground works and inspectors)
· Induction to ground works apprenticeship course
· Agree rotation programme to each operation maintenance service activity area based on 6 months per service
· Regular progress review (minimal 6 monthly)
Attendance to an NVQ level 2 construction worker apprenticeship qualification course will be required which will involve travel to the course and participating in group and individual training. The completion of individual and group course work (to be agreed in the course syllabus). Time will be provided to complete the course work but there will be an expectation for some activities to be completed outside of the working day.
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· Experience in Facilities Management or customer care would be beneficial but not essential.
· Committed to achieving a NVQ Level 2
· An industrious and motivated with a desire to learn attitude
· Punctuality with the means to attend the workplace
· Good ICT skills with an understanding of Excel, Word and social media
· Able to interact with others
· Ability to work alone using own initiative
Closing Date: 27.8.19
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview.
· Posting Date: Jul 30, 2019