1. Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory to generate new business for the Emerson organization's products and services.
2. Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
3. Analyzes the territory potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers value to the organization.
4. Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
5. Participates in trade shows and conventions.
6. Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
7. Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
8. Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
9. Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc
10. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
11. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Minimum of 3 years experience in the electrical industry, manufacturing or service sector. Additional experience in product for harsh and hazardous enviroments are preferred, specially in lighting.
Post-secondary Degree in electrical enginering.
Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach).
Results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including English and language(s) for the area(s) covered
Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software. .