· Job Description:
· Provide expertise for IT infrastructure (e.g. servers, network), application infrastructure (e.g. SAP), and related services (e.g. Business Continuity) throughout the lifecycle of a deal in accordance with contractually established terms and conditions and established technical standards.
· Provides technical input, solutions, and recommendations to deal pursuit.
· Engaged in and provides support fortransition/transformationefforts.
· Monitors service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards, and customers and/or internal businesses/end user requirements.
· Provides IT infrastructure and/or application infrastructure lifecycle technical support, including planning, project management, installation, on-goingmanagement/monitoring/troubleshooting,and de-installation, following operational policies and processes that are compliant with industry standards (e.g. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)).
· Manages the technical/service relationship between the company and the customer, and between the company andsubcontractors/vendors.
· Works with the key customers and/or internal businesses/end user representatives (Infrastructure Support Managers, Client Manager and the Account Delivery Manager) to retain customers and build the business.
· ITO Service Delivery work is generally performed remotely from the company facility but may be performed at the customer’s location when required/justified.
· Apply technical knowledge to operate a technology area (e.g. server administration, technical security management, performance management) or customer group with moderate risk/complexity. Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for DXC and for customers.
· Expert knowledge in Unix/Linux and VMware experience
· At least 5 years of practical experience with configuration and administration of enterprise Linux distributions (HP-UX, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), SuSE Linux Enterprise Server, Oracle Linux)
· Experience with Enterprise UNIX operating systems: HP-UX, AIX, Solaris on advanced level, including the logic and configuration of the OSManagement of processes and debugging
· Experience in performance optimization and capacity planning and management
· Excellent knowledge of LVM and file systems (ext3, ext4, NFS, CIFS, etc.)
· Experience in ZFS, UFS, XFS, VxFS, JFS2
· Experience with high-availability / cluster solutions like: HP Service Guard, Red Hat Cluster, IBM - PowerHA (HACMP), Oracle Solaris Cluster, Veritas Cluster, etc
· Advantage experience in virtualization concepts and technologies (XEN, KVM, Oracle VM, Solaris zones, LPAR/VPAR, HP-UX IVM, etc.), server hardware specifics and troubleshooting, storage and networking, backup and database environments, system security administration, ITIL
· Good technical skills in Unix and VMware administration, installation and upgrades.
· Knowledgeable in scripting, backup and infrastructure design/implementation
· Relevance VMware and Unix/Linux certification
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Good communication & customer service skills and the ability and desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
· Self-motivated and self-driven with minimal supervision.
· Willingness to be on rotational 24/7 standby and able to work after hours if situation demands.