· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
· Provides technical expertise for appropriate level distributed systems environments on issues related to servers, local services, data centers, server configuration, and to ensure that client needs are met.
· Participates in requirements definition, specification, design, development, and integration of systems and network management on projects to ensure services adhere to client specifications.
· Tests, integrates, maintains, and addresses escalated problems in systems environments for smaller sized projects, including testing and integrating hardware and software, using necessary resources and personnel.
· Provide configuration management, inventory management, fault management, and trouble management support on already established servers or networks. Supports periodic maintenance and upgrades of distributed computer environments.
· Performs risk and consequence assessment for projects; assists in identifying cost reduction opportunities to safeguard company and client interests.
· Coordinates with technical staff in providing clients with appropriate level support services.
· May provide leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
· Assists client in setting the company distributed computing strategic technology direction based on experience and feedback from users.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
· Three or more years of related experience
· Experience working with computer server hardware, operating systems, and specific applications within distributed systems environments
· Experience working with systems management frameworks, protocols, and tools
· Experience working with appropriate software and hardware programs
· Organization skills to balance and prioritize work
· Communication skills to interact with team members and support staff
· Skilled in integrating distributed computing hardware and software systems
· Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
· Interpersonal skills to interact with customers, team members, and senior level personnel
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Willingness to travel
· Office environment
· May require shift work