· Job Description:
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s extensive partner alliance and independent status allows us to build strong vendor relationships.
The third line team is located in Blackwater, Hants or Warminster, Wilts.
Classroom IT support Engineer is responsible for building, implementing and supporting changes within the ACII Classroom environment, plus providing support to MOD’s own support staff where required. The role encompasses 3rd line activities plus the opportunity for some 1st and 2nd line.
The Computer Aided Instruction classroom environment uses specialized furniture designed for the variety of training carried out and encompasses classrooms used for BOWMAN radio training, Virtual Battlefield Simulation within command and control training and generic classrooms used for other teaching such as JPA and MJDI.
The ACII domain consists of around 150 servers and 4500 workstations over 42 MOD sites.
· Administration and maintenance of training-critical web and database servers (predominantly Microsoft)
· Configuration and set-up of all new server systems required for the MoD customer
· Firewall administration and overall client network security,
· Administration of email server (predominantly MS Exchange) for training same
· Maintenance of existing anti-virus systems and including patching to MoDCert stds
· Administration of primary DNS for high-profile domains
· Proactive problem solving
· Documentation production and review
· Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn any dissatisfied customers into satisfied customers, maintaining a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to ACII service management principles
· To resolve all IT issues with a professional manner and allocate more complex service issues to the relevant Team member Please note that these roles require SC clearance and the handling of material covered by ITAR
· Excellent working knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
· Exchange server 2016 experience
· VMWare Microsoft
· Hyper-V Veritas
· Backup Exec HPE
· Proliant hardware
If this is something you would be interested in, please get in touch!