Job Description :
The Bulleit Distillery in Shelbyville is the newest addition to Diageo’s NA Distillery portfolio. The Bulleit brand is undergoing significant growth and this is a key role in ensuring we continue to deliver high quality whiskey and co-products to meet consumer demands.
The role requires:
· Whiskey barrel palletizing, filling and dumping
· Safe and efficient movement and storage of empty and full Whiskey barrels.
· Maintain quality and the integrity of all Whiskey barrels following Diageo Standards
· Maintain accurate inventory and movement records
· Loading/Unloading of Tankers
· Training and Backfill capability to control and monitor dryhouse processes and related activities. This includes but is not limited processing areas and related ancillary equipment As well as:
· Ability to read and interpret gauges for pressure, vacuum, temperature and flow rate
· Ability to use computer systems to monitor and control the system.
· React to abnormal conditions, breakdowns, and emergencies
· Full compliance to all Diageo, federal and local regulations for the handling, storage and transportation of Whiskey including TTB, FDA and environmental constraints
· Maintain a safe and clean work environment
· Flexibility to adapt to different shift working practices and patterns.
· Target monitoring relating to health and safety, dark distillers grain quality, production efficiency, energy management, production planning and cost efficiency
· Both team and individual working that requires effective decision-making, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· Demonstration and promotion of positive actions and behaviors within and out of the workplace
· Support to “on-call” managers.
Purpose of Role:
Perform all dryhouse and barrel warehousing duties as assigned to successfully achieve production requirements. This role will work with the Production and Maintenance teams to ensure a safe and efficient operation of the dryhouse and warehouse facilities.
You will be responsible for:
· Following the Dryhouse and Warehouse Standard Operating Procedures
· Monitoring and controlling the process
· Identifying and correcting deviations from standard process parameters
· Reacting to abnormal conditions, breakdowns, and emergencies.
· Maintaining accurate process and inventory records
· Maintaining a safe and efficient production of high standard of quality
Qualifications and Experience Required:
· Minimum 21 years of age.
· High School Diploma, GED or equivalent. Preferred – process operating experience.
· Forklift safety and OSHA certification or experience in the operation of a powered truck; will train, CDL preferred.
· Experience/capabilities with stacking pallets up to 20 feet high
· Demonstrated teamwork capability and can-do attitude.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Driver license.
· Ability to work any shift and holidays.
· A working knowledge and understanding of health and safety, TTB and environmental risk management principles.
· PC/Systems skills e.g. SAP.
· A working knowledge and understanding of electronic/paper business systems.
· Lifting – Minimum: 50 lbs frequently; Maximum: 100 lbs
· Repetitive Motion - Frequently manipulating controls on forklift.
· Dexterity - Frequent manipulating controls on forklift.
· Standing/Sitting – Frequent sitting, standing and bending
· Frequent Walking
· Ability to work in confined spaces
· Pulling/Pushing – Frequent to close overhead dock and trailer door and to operate cleaning equipment
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :