Description de l'offre
Deliveroo is the fastest growing UK tech company and one of Europe’s biggest tech success stories. We’ve been in Singapore for over two years and are rapidly expanding! We’re backed by US funding giants like Fidelity, Index Ventures and T Rowe Price, who have previously bet on the likes of Amazon, Facebook, Airbnb, Snap and Tesla.
As a Sales Development Rep in our newly formed sales team, you’ll be on the frontline of driving double digit growth in our Singapore market.
You’ll help hunt down the most popular local restaurants, seek to understand their business, and use your ninja phone negotiation skills to convince them why they need to join us in our mission to change the landscape of the food industry.
40% of S&P 500 CEOs come from sales and marketing backgrounds. For the right candidate, this position has strong opportunity for progression within the company and will jump-start a successful career within the tech space.
Whilst we've grown enormously over the past 4 years, we’ve still got a move-fast, take ownership mentality. As part of a newly formed team, you’ll have a chance to shape the sales execution of 2-billion-dollar company.
· Restaurant acquisition : You’ll be responsible for the prospecting, pitching and, with the help of our expert Business Development Managers (BDMs), closing new restaurants in your territory. This is an inside sales opportunity, so you’ll be comfortable with ambitious activity targets for cold calls, emails and social media.
· Own your pipeline : Take control over your own pipeline and use your organisation skills to manage your portfolio of leads and ensure strong conversion rates.
· Process Strategy : Iterate with our sales processes to make our inside sales unit the fastest-moving and biggest impact team within Deliveroo.
· Commercial Initiatives : Assist our wider commercial team with ad-hoc strategic initiatives like field pitch days, restaurant marketing roll-outs, and cross-functional projects
The right candidate will be hungry, ambitious and motivated to work within a fast moving environment. As a guide, the ideal person will possess the following:
· A degree (this is a great role for recent grads with an entrepreneurial mindset)
· Experience within a fast moving sales environment, and if not;
· Experience and confidence pitching things you’re passionate about (in your first week, we’ll test your metal by seeing how you fare pitching Deliveroo to the guys that started it)
· Phone-based experience is a big plus
· Ability to take ownership and work within demanding targets
· An interest in all things food and restaurants. Deliveroo is a company of people unapologetically passionate about what they do – if you’re not into food, you soon will be.
· Perseverance and grit – you’re a hustler, and you’re not afraid of rejection
· Competitiveness – you’ll be working within a highly efficient team who like to win (as individuals and together)
· Curiosity – you’re a lifelong learner who is always striving to be outside of your comfort zone and test new ideas
· Top notch people skills – you have bags of emotional intelligence and can persuade even the toughest of prospects
· Competitive salary, with uncapped commission. Work hard and you’ll reap the benefits.
· Robust learning environment. You’ll be thrown in at the deep end and will be asked to constantly challenge the status quo. You’ll have opportunities to learn about the most exciting areas of the business, from how we’re implementing Machine Learning to how we’re using state-of-the art technology to change the way restaurants operate.
· Lots of fun. You’ll be part of a like-minded, kick-ass group of people that work and play together.
· And lots of food. Think Friday lunch free-for-alls, new restaurant openings, and impressing your mates with free takeaway every now and again.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.