At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people’s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic . And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits, and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Quality Technician - MTC Night in Mt.Crawford, VA.
The Quality Technician is a self-driven/self-motivated candidate capable of working proficiently, both independently and as part of a team, without direct supervision. The successful individual must have a passion for safety and be able to foster effective working relationships built upon trust and respect within all levels of the organization. Persons must possess excellent communication skills to effectively interact on a timely basis via appropriate communication media both internally and externally. Persons must possess strong technical and computer related skills. The successful individual will monitor, test, record, and react on data pertaining to products/production processes/quality systems to ensure highest standards of quality and food safety are met or exceeded and products produced are in compliance with federal, state, and company specifications. Persons must be capable of producing accurate results, while multi-tasking in a fast paced work environment. Persons must anticipate problems/conflicts, problem-solve and react accordingly, and maintain a proactive approach to all work tasks and any issues as they arise. The Quality Technician must be cross-trained on all Quality Laboratory functions and must maintain a thorough knowledge of laboratory equipment to include operation, calibration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair. The Quality Technician must interpret, understand, support, and have working knowledge of Plant/Corporate protocols and programs, as well as facility systems, including informational/operational/management systems. The successful individual will also actively support new system installations and implementations and seek to continually maintain reliability. The successful individual implements continuous improvements within all systems and seeks to minimize waste and loss. The Quality Technician will assist/train/coach employees within all levels of the organization in regards to quality and food safety related topics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Work safely, as well as report and assist in mitigating all safety concerns
· Comprehend and support plant/corporate protocols and programs, as well as facility systems, including informational/operational/management systems such as Sample6, IQS/Sigma, and Ignition.
· Communicate effectively with other departments, management, and employees including notifying appropriate teams when problems and/or concerns arise
· Work independently or within a team, with and without supervision
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task to ensure that all job functions are completed accurately in a timely manner
· Facilitate, attend and participate in team meetings and programs
· Perform analytical, chemical, microbiological, and allergenic analysis both routine and episodic
· Provide oversight for facility systems and actively participate and support the development, implementation, day to day operation, and maintenance of checks and balance programs such as coding checks, OQI (operator quality inspection) review, batch ownership including batch correction, and filler inspections.
· Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format and completed with all required information
· Anticipate problems/conflicts, problem-solve, and react
· React to data, perform out-of-specification mitigation
· Properly manage product inventory utilizing programs such as SAP and SharePoint
· Monitor, operate, maintain, calibrate, troubleshoot, and repair laboratory instruments and equipment without assistance
· Participate in laboratory Specialist Program
· Attend and practice all required training
· Utilize root cause analysis thought process, maintain a proactive approach, and support sustainable solutions
· Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, actively participate in identifying and correcting opportunities to improve processesincluding participation in the creation and documentation of Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions, the creation and maintenance of preventative maintenance standards, the writing of One Point Lessons, and participation in continuous improvement methodology events
· Follow QMS, Good Manufacturing Practices and 5S methodology to maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area, maintaining audit ready status at all times
· Actively participate in Pillar activities (i.e. Quality, Focused Improvement, Safety, etc.) including but not limited to observations, inspections, and recommendations.
· Supports plant production needs and priorities to achieve plant goals
· Assist, train, and coach employees.
· Comply with all regulations, policies and procedures
· All other duties as assigned or become evident
This section identifies the minimum job specifications required to perform the job.
· Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong teamwork skills
· Ability to work without direct supervision
· Ability to manage high pressure situations calmly
· Ability to learn all functions of job within a reasonable amount of time
· Ability to prioritize and multitask
· Proven decision making ability
· Ability to read, understand, and follow written instructions
· Ability to keep accurate records
· Proficiency in basic laboratory equipment (i.e. pipets, pH meters, balances)
· Ability to perform troubleshooting tasks
· Proficiency in MS Office and basic PC skills
· Ability to work various hours and shifts
· Able to work overtime when required
· Education and Experience
· Associate or Bachelor Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Bio-Technology, Food Science, or comparableprogram. (Or equivalent combination of education and experience).
· Achieve and maintain required certifications and training
Materials and Equipment Directly Used:
· Various Laboratory instruments and equipment to include manual and electronic devices; subject to change with business.
· Office machinery including: computers, printers, fax machines, copiers, telephones, etc.
· Software including: Microsoft Office including Outlook
· Industrial power equipment (Electric carts, forklift, scissor, pallet jack, etc.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. The employee will lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Specific hearing requirements include ability to hear and perceive information at normal spoken volume levels.
Work is performed throughout the facility and includes limited exposure to adverse conditions such as cold/hot areas and loud noise. Potential hazards include, but are not limited to, proximity of moving machinery, chemical exposure, noise, or heavy lifting. The position may require an individual to stand, stoop, move equipment; bend, reach, or lift for prolonged periods of time. PPE includes safety glasses, hearing protection, sanitary footwear, and any other devices prescribed for specific testing or routines.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com .
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.