Product Development Technologist – 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
ABOUT THE JOB
This is a unique opportunity for a Product Development Technologist to join our dedicated Research & Innovation team, ensuring the delivery of productivity projects for NZ Supply Point and efficient conversion to market of innovation/renovation changes.
· Contribute to roll-out of global product development tools and system within local R&I
· Maintain and improve the system to maximise the efficiency and robustness of the tools
· Work with cross-functional project teams to implement changes to existing portfolio finished products
· Coordinate interactions between functions for successful milestones completion (manufacturing, QFS, SC, SSD, etc)
· Actively participate in the research and development network, both regionally and globally sharing relevant best practices
You must have solid experience working with operations in the dairy/food manufacturing space, preferably having worked directly on dairy products.
Ideally you will have:
· Tertiary qualification in Food Science
· Stakeholder management ability and confidence to navigate through tough conversations
· Ability to work well within a team
· An open mind to receive and give constructive feedback
· Excellent communication skills and Excel proficiency
Danone’s mission is Bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Each time we eat and drink, we vote for the world we want to live in. We believe a healthy body needs healthy food. And healthy food needs a healthy planet and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies. (LINK TO YOUTUBE VIDEO: https://youtu.be/2atKg_69sII)
Danone Nutricia Early Life Nutrition produces specialty foods for infants and young children, and our mission “We make every day count for you and your baby” gives meaning to everything we do. We operate out of 3 sites in New Zealand in Auckland and Balclutha, where our teams undertake the manufacturing, distribution, and development of our infant milks and toddler supplements with market leading brands.
· A role with one of the most successful healthy food companies in the world committed to R&D and Innovation
· A collaborative team environment where you are both challenged and supported
· An opportunity to make a difference to our society through Early Life Nutrition
· A fast-paced and challenging environment where there are endless opportunities to learn and develop
Proving yourself in this role could lead to future opportunities within Danone both locally and abroad. We support our employees to take ownership of developing their career within Danone and encourage moves across (as well as within) our varying functions and businesses. We are passionate about developing and growing our team of leaders, and that could soon include you!
HOW TO APPLY
Opportunities like these don’t come around often so apply today!