Happy Family Organics is looking for a Logistics Buyer in Boise, Idaho.
The Logistics Buyer’s primary role is to coordinate (with a strong technical lens), the upstream material transportation solutions in an effort to ensure raw materials are delivered in the most efficient, safe, cost competitive, and sustainable way using options available in the market.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
· Works with purchasing team and production planning to understand production schedule and arrange delivery to warehousing or production facilities from both domestic & international origins.
· Daily collaboration with packaging and raw material suppliers to track lead-times on open orders.
· Reviews and coordinates transportation contract negotiation to ensure service level standards are met with support from leadership
· Performs 3PL-new vendor qualification.
· Develops and drives freight forecast to actual analyzation on monthly basis.
· Manage and execute quarterly raw material freight bidding process.
· Audit, approve, and manage raw material & finished goods freight invoices cross-functionally with Finance on an on-going basis
· Continuously provide timely updates to open orders and scheduled deliveries to internally impacted parties.
· Organize data to monitor performance, timely deliverables, process and operations throughput, and plan improvements on a quarterly basis.
· Performs precise data entry into critical Danone systems including, but not limited to SAP Business One & TMS (BluJay); crucial for maintaining data integrity that’s internally dependent.
· Review, manage, and implement freight logistics systems/processes optimizations to maintain and match dynamic and fast paced business growth.
· Tracks and is exclusively responsible for logistics department expenditures ensuring adherence to operating budget.
· Manage claims process with vendors for damages incurred during transit while also ensuring other cross department impacts are covered.
· Analyze and track industry market trends to assist in department strategy execution.
· Create, present, and justify quarterly sustainability reporting on logistics CO2 emissions, Smartway Certified carriers, and other KPI’s.
· Monitor and manage suppliers’ adherence to Sedex (SMETA) standards for social and ethical compliance.
· Ensure that transportation processes are compliant with the highest level of internal operations standards (Dango).
· Execute transportation service level agreements with internal and/ or external 3PL’s.Manage all carriers, customs consultants, and third-party logistics providers.
· Effectively manage communication channels with cross functional departments and managment levels as well as sourcing partners.
· College degree and/or 3-5 years relevant technical work experience
· Resourceful and collaborative team player
· Self-finisher and independent
· Comfortable working in a fast pace entrepreneurial environment
· Extremely detail and process oriented; Organized
· Ability to work independently and take initiative in a fast-paced environment
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Project management skills a plus
· Strong computer skills including proficiency with Excel necessary. Microsoft Office, Smartsheets, Redbooth, and ERP (SAP) a plus.
As champions of organic, every product in our line is certified USDA organic, which means our food has no artificial hormones, toxic persistent pesticides or GMOs – just healthy ingredients from earth-friendly organic farms. We know that only a healthy planet can grow healthy food, and are committed to cultivating a sustainable world for little ones today and for future generations. From our WIC-authorized Clearly Crafted Jars to our free online live chat with lactation specialists and registered dietitians, we put babies and parents first, with support for every family. Happy Family Organics is a Certified B Corp™. To learn more, please visit: https://bcorporation.net/directory/happy-family-brands . For additional information, please visit www.happyfamilyorganics.com .
Happy Family Organics is owned by Danone, a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition.