At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people’s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic . And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits, and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Cold Storage Associate--MTC in Mount Crawford, VA.
This position is a self-driven/self-motivated individual capable of working proficiently, both independently and as part of a team, without direct supervision. The successful individual must have a passion for safety and be able to foster effective working relationships built upon trust and respect within all levels of the organization. This position safely and efficiently operates assigned equipment to receive and ship quality product at prescribed standards while minimizing waste and product loss. The position oversees and actively participates in all aspects of DC functions. This position rotates across varied Distribution Center Positions, multi-tasks and effectively interacts on a timely basis via appropriate communication media with customers/employees. Distribution Center Associate must maintain a thorough knowledge of the operating systems and quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format and completed with all required information
· Maintain FIFO inventory system of raw materials and finished product
· Operate warehouse management systems to print and apply pallet tickets, ability to perform changes in SAP
· Completes PM's and other routine operator maintenance tasks; assist in diagnostics, repairs and rebuilds of dock equipment; partner with maintenance or others on non-routine repairs and defect handling.
· Monitor equipment for malfunctions and defects, repairing and solving minor problems without assistance and eliminating potential threats to quality or customer service
· Communicate effectively with supervisors and forepersons regarding recurring problems or needs for repairs that will impact safety, quality and/or customer service
· Take part in PM's and utilize the Root Cause thought process to ensure corrective actions are sustainable
· Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns
· Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, actively participate in identifying and correcting opportunities to improve processes including participation in the creation and documentation of Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions, the creation and maintenance of preventative maintenance standards, the writing of One Point Lessons, and participation in continuous improvement methodology events
· Follow QMS, Good Manufacturing Practices and 5S methodology to maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area, maintaining audit ready status at all times
· Actively participate in Pillar activities (i.e. Quality, Focused Improvement, Safety, etc.) including but not limited to observations, inspections, and recommendations.
· Works diligently to achieve Business Unit Goals
· Ensure clean and inspect standards are up to date and completed in a timely manner
· Ensure lubrication standards are up to date and completed in a timely fashion; maintain lubrication logs
· Supports plant production needs and priorities to achieve plant goals
· Facilitate, attend and participate in team meetings and programs
· Assist, train, and coach employees.
· Comply with all regulations, policies and procedures
· All other duties as assigned or become evident
This section identifies the minimum job specifications required to perform the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to pass tests required for this position
· Proficiency in MS Office Excel and basic PC skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proven decision making ability
· Ability to prioritize and multitask
· Ability to learn all functions of job within a reasonable amount of time
· Ability to read and understand written instructions and to keep accurate written records
· Ability to work various hours and shifts
· Able to work overtime when required
· Education and Experience
· High School education or equivalent
· Achieve and maintain required certifications
· Nonessential Qualifications
Materials and Equipment Directly Used:
· Industrial power equipment (forklift, scissor lift, pallet jack, etc.)
· Office machinery including: computers, printers, fax machines, copiers, telephones, etc.
· Software including: Microsoft Office including Outlook and Excel: Warehouse Software, SAP
· Various equipment to include hand tools, compactors and various cleaning machines
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. The employee will lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Working Environment Work is performed throughout the facility. Potential hazards include proximity of moving machinery, chemical exposure, noise, or heavy lifting. The position may require an individual to stand, stoop, move equipment; bend, reach, or lift for prolonged periods of time. PPE includes safety glasses, hearing protection and Safety Toe footwear.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com .
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.