Software Engineer - Project Offline
Software Engineer - Project OfflineAt Criteo we face some of the most challenging, but interesting problems in the IT industry. We work at a scale of speed, performance and complexity that few others in the industry can compete with. Our data is not big it's absolutely HUGE. We have about 40 petabytes in our Hadoop storage (more than 30 TB extra per day), we take less than 10ms to respond to an ad request and we deliver billions of ads per day.
To help us solve these challenges, Criteo is looking for the best of the best in terms of engineering talent within our cool and geeky environment!
Challenges of this role
The team is known as “Project Offline”, as its mission is to bridge the gap between what our clients' users do online, and what they do in their real world “bricks n' mortar” stores. Our goal is to expand Criteo's core online solution to include data from the real world (such as in-store user behavior) to build new products for our clients. The team will develop, and iterate on, potential product offerings, to explore the market opportunities related to offline re-marketing. This is your chance to make a difference in a project that will become huge for Criteo.
The project team is organized as a small startup inside Criteo: we are a small team, working alongside Sales, R&D, Product, Finance, all as one team. While each developer has his specialty, everyone will get to work on all technical aspects, just like a start-up team would. This is a fabulous opportunity, with huge potential for learning and career development. You will learn things on this project that will stick with you for your entire career.
Strong candidates qualifications
In terms of skills, here is a list of things we do (we don't expect our next members to know all of it, but you should expect to learn anything):
· Backend: Java/Scala, NodeJS, Protocol buffers, Kafka, Hadoop, regular backend work.
· Geo-Localization algorithms: numerical data processing, optimization, classification, learning. You don't have to be an expert in learning or optimization, but understanding how it works in general will be necessary to be able to figure out what goes wrong.
· iOS code: Swift coding, client to server communication under unreliable network, Bluetooth magic, making code run in the background, etc.
· Android code: Android Java, client to server communication (in sometimes unpredictable network conditions), Android services, resilience, etc.
· Plumbing and tools: You will also spend some time changing batteries and do some wall climbing to check on the beacons' state. Things will break, bugs will be detected, and fixes will be made.
Criteo R&D Culture
· Empowerment – We believe in hiring the best engineers in the industry and then letting them get on with what they do best – designing, coding and releasing state of the art software.
· Mobility – In our Voyager program our engineers get to pick which team they want to work on for 2-4 weeks, boosting collaboration, networking and maybe even leading to switching teams.
· Agility - We work in a fast pace environment where we build and release stuff frequently to deliver value soon and adapt to changes quickly.
· Variety – We have many ways to get your code to production including our Hackathon, 10% projects, Voyager and more.
· Multicultural – We have engineers from all over the world for you to interact and exchange ideas with.
Our culture keeps evolving, and you will be expected to contribute actively with new ideas to complement and enhance the existing programs that include frictionless internal mobility, 10% time, mentoring, technical talks, hackathons, conferences, etc.
Are you up to the challenge?
About Criteo [CRTO]
Criteo delivers personalized performance marketing at an extensive scale. Measuring return on post-click sales, Criteo makes ROI transparent and easy to measure. Criteo has over 2,000 employees in 31 offices across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific, serves over 12,000 advertisers worldwide and maintains direct relationships with over 17,000 publishers.
Our R&D team of up to 300 engineers is building the next generation digital advertising technologies that allow us to manage billions of ad impressions every day. We're working in a very fast-paced release cycle and are adding new capabilities weekly and even daily.
A few figures:
• 15 datacenters (8 with computing capacity + 7 dedicated to network connectivity) across US, EU, APAC
• More than 17K servers, running a mix of Linux and Windows
• One of the largest Hadoop clusters in Europe with close to 40PB of storage and 30.000 cores –
• 30B HTTP requests and close to 3B unique banners displayed per day
• Close to 1M HTTP requests per second handled during peak times
•40Gbps of bandwidth, half of it through peering exchanges
We recognize that engineering culture is key for building a world-class engineering organization. Our core values are getting stuff done, collaboration and respect, code quality, striving for excellence, and having fun at what we do.
Do you want to know more about life in the R&D?
Youtube: R&D Criteo @ Europe
Our blog: http://www.criteolabs.com
Discover the Company Page
These people have worked here
Account manager / strategist en retargeting
Fabien Bouadi / Motion designer / webdesigner / graphiste web