Software Engineer - Dev Tools
Software Engineer - Dev ToolsAt Criteo we face some of the most challenging, but interesting problems in the IT industry. We work at a scale of speed, performance and complexity that few others in the industry can compete with. Our data is not big it's absolutely HUGE. We have about 40 petabytes in our Hadoop storage (more than 30 TB extra per day), we take less than 10ms to respond to an ad request and we deliver billions of ads per day.
To help us solve these challenges, Criteo is looking for the best of the best in terms of engineering talent within our cool and geeky environment!
Challenges of this role:
The DevTools team is responsible for providing the best development tools for Criteo developers.
That means making it easy and safe to change code by providing fast feedback on whether you 'broke something' in the platform.
Among other things, we have put in place the system to perform efficient code reviews and static analysis as well as built from scratch the system responsible for compiling , testing and validating every 10 minutes each line of code at Criteo. We're now making it better, faster and more powerful.
We are working in a very rich technical environment: we write Chef recipes to maintain a build farm, we develop tools that make it easy for developers to work inside the Criteo environment, we manage a Groovy framework that helps us configure Jenkins jobs, we design cool visualizations of the data we collect...
We have a transverse role at Criteo and interact with many teams on a daily basis. We're big users of open source, and we like to give back to the community. We also solve challenging problems:
· How do you maintain a set of 500 Jenkins builds that run on 40 different machines ?
· How do you compile and test a few million C# lines in less than 10 minutes?
· How do you recreate a fully isolated testing environment to run end-to-end tests?
· How do you make it easy to change code across many repositories ? If you care about solving these issues and building the best possible development environment, this position is made for you!
Strong candidates qualifications:
· You strive for high quality code / software.
· You are a problem solver, a fixer, and a creative technologist. You like to come up with innovative solutions.
· You are a great team worker and a great communicator.
· You like to work on a white board and are partial to post-its, we have floor to ceiling white boards and every color of sticky notes.
· You have a degree in computer science.
· You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in software development using Java, C# or C++.
· Experience in Continuous Delivery setup.
· Experience in scripting languages.
· Experience working in an Agile environment.
Criteo R&D Culture
· Empowerment – We believe in hiring the best engineers in the industry and then letting them get on with what they do best – designing, coding and releasing state of the art software.
· Mobility – In our Voyager program our engineers get to pick which team they want to work on for 2-4 weeks, boosting collaboration, networking and maybe even leading to switching teams.
· Agility - We work in a fast pace environment where we build and release stuff frequently to deliver value soon and adapt to changes quickly.
· Variety – We have many ways to get your code to production including our Hackathon, 10% projects, Voyager and more.
· Multicultural – We have engineers from all over the world for you to interact and exchange ideas with.
Our culture keeps evolving, and you will be expected to contribute actively with new ideas to complement and enhance the existing programs that include frictionless internal mobility, 10% time, mentoring, technical talks, hackathons, conferences, etc.
Are you up to the challenge?
About Criteo [CRTO]
Criteo delivers personalized performance marketing at an extensive scale. Measuring return on post-click sales, Criteo makes ROI transparent and easy to measure. Criteo has over 2,000 employees in 31 offices across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific, serves over 11,000 advertisers worldwide and maintains direct relationships with over 16,000 publishers.
Our R&D team of up to 300 engineers is building the next generation digital advertising technologies that allow us to manage billions of ad impressions every day. We're working in a very fast-paced release cycle and are adding new capabilities weekly and even daily.
A few figures:
• 15 datacenters (8 with computing capacity + 7 dedicated to network connectivity) across US, EU, APAC
• More than 15K servers, running a mix of Linux and Windows
• One of the largest Hadoop clusters in Europe with close to 40PB of storage and 30.000 cores –
• 30B HTTP requests and close to 3B unique banners displayed per day
• Close to 1M HTTP requests per second handled during peak times
•40Gbps of bandwidth, half of it through peering exchanges
We recognize that engineering culture is key for building a world-class engineering organization. Our core values are getting stuff done, collaboration and respect, code quality, striving for excellence, and having fun at what we do.
Do you want to know more about life in the R&D?
Youtube: R&D Criteo @ Europe
Our blog: http://www.criteolabs.com
Discover the Company Page
These people have worked here
Account manager / strategist en retargeting
Fabien Bouadi / Motion designer / webdesigner / graphiste web