At Criteo we face some of the most challenging, but interesting problems in the IT industry. We work at a scale of speed, performance and complexity that few others in the industry can compete with. Our data is not big it's absolutely HUGE. We have about 40 petabytes in our Hadoop storage (more than 30 TB extra per day), we take less than 10ms to respond to an ad request and we deliver billions of ads per day.
To help us solve these challenges, Criteo is looking for the best of the best in terms of engineering talent within our cool and geeky environment!
Challenges of this role
As part of our R&D team, you will be in charge of improving our Criteo Engine. This Engine is a key component of Criteo business offer. Our technology takes an algorithmic approach to determining what user we show an ad to, when, and for what products. We serve daily two billion unique adverts while keeping the latency under 10 ms. The Engine Data Analytics team is responsible to use this 10 ms the most efficient way to estimate the value of each display and drive the best performance to our clients.
· Build and improve prediction models
· Gather and analyze data to extract valuable information relevant to prediction models
· Identify key prediction problems and propose innovating solutions
· Report, visualize and communicate results
· Contribute to the exploration and creation of new scientific understanding
Strong candidates qualifications
· A minimum of 3 years a professional experience in data analysis and modeling
· You have a strong analytical background (Mathematics / Machine Learning)
· You have good computer science skills and you are proficient at processing data
· You are versatile and dynamic
· You are fluent in English
Criteo R&D Culture
· Empowerment – We believe in hiring the best engineers in the industry and then letting them get on with what they do best – designing, coding and releasing state of the art software.
· Mobility – In our Voyager program our engineers get to pick which team they want to work on for 2-4 weeks, boosting collaboration, networking and maybe even leading to switching teams.
· Agility - We work in a fast pace environment where we build and release stuff frequently to deliver value soon and adapt to changes quickly.
· Variety – We have many ways to get your code to production including our Hackathon, 10% projects, Voyager and more.
· Multicultural – We have engineers from all over the world for you to interact and exchange ideas with.
Our culture keeps evolving, and you will be expected to contribute actively with new ideas to complement and enhance the existing programs that include frictionless internal mobility, 10% time, mentoring, technical talks, hackathons, conferences, etc.
Are you up to the challenge?
About Criteo [CRTO]
Criteo delivers personalized performance marketing at an extensive scale. Measuring return on post-click sales, Criteo makes ROI transparent and easy to measure. Criteo has over 2,200 employees in 31 offices across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific, serves over 13,000 advertisers worldwide and maintains direct relationships with over 17,500 publishers.
Our R&D team of up to 300 engineers is building the next generation digital advertising technologies that allow us to manage billions of ad impressions every day. We're working in a very fast-paced release cycle and are adding new capabilities weekly and even daily.
A few figures:
· 15 datacenters (8 with computing capacity + 7 dedicated to network connectivity) across US, EU, APAC
· More than 15K servers, running a mix of Linux and Windows
· One of the largest Hadoop clusters in Europe with close to 40PB of storage and 30.000 cores –
· 30B HTTP requests and close to 3B unique banners displayed per day
· Close to 1M HTTP requests per second handled during peak times
· 40Gbps of bandwidth, half of it through peering exchanges
We recognize that engineering culture is key for building a world-class engineering organization. Our core values are getting stuff done, collaboration and respect, code quality, striving for excellence, and having fun at what we do.
Do you want to know more about life in the R&D?
Youtube: R&D Criteo @ Europe
Our blog: http://www.criteolabs.com