Technical (Cloud) Architect
CGI Federal is seeking a technical expert and experienced leader with implementation experience in custom software development, COTS software products including Federal ERP systems, and cloud technologies to bolster our capabilities and contribute to business development. The ideal candidate has strong experience with software development, systems operations, software integrations and designing and maintaining complex systems architecture both in on premises setups and within a 3rd party cloud.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Provides competent leadership, and highly specialized and technical guidance to complex solutions architecture challenges, including but not limited to, migrating application to cloud, designing solutions, evaluating technologies, providing resolution to technical problems from ongoing delivery work.
• Act as Technical Manager across project teams to lead and oversee project delivery including solution implementations and operations.
• Coordinates with both CGI and USPTO Program management to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
• Provides expert advice on industry and solution trends to customers in analyzing and planning their current and future IT needs.
• Provides expertise in applying existing enterprise architecture or cloud capabilities as part of existing or new solutions.
• Directs completion of tasks within their project schedule and budget.
• Schedules and assigns duties to subordinates, and formulates and enforces work standards.
• Contributes to business development efforts including preparing cost estimations, proposal development and product demonstrations.
• Simultaneously plans, manages, and provides technical oversight for solutions architecture activities. Gathers customer’s business requirements, translating those requirements into cost-effective solution strategies, frame-works and architectures; guides the implementation of these solutions to deliver high quality results to meet or exceed customer expectations in a timely manner.
• Propose solutions with least operational requirements of compute resources and manual tasks, keeping the total investment in line with the business value gained.
• Manages the technical aspects of the technical projects or initiatives. Acts as a key interface to the client and overall CGI Program manager for the engagement. Responsible for the delivery and daily management of these activities, including guiding team in resolving complex issues such as development, platform operations and data integration issues.
• Stays abreast of current industry trends and federal financial management initiatives through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
• Helps to architect for the client large-scale enterprise-wide solutions, such as Cloud migrations from legacy systems, or new releases of ERP software.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 7+ years of system operations or systems development experience.
• 5+ years of technical management/leadership experience.
• 4+ years of systems architecture experience.
• Must have experience with the Cloud and moving systems to the Cloud, and possess an architect-level certification, such as an AWS Solution Architect Professional or Azure Solutions Architect Expert.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills and ability to frequently and effectively communicate with various client stake holders (technical, business owners, executives).
• Experience and understanding of n-tier technical architectures (web servers, application servers, database servers) in a high performance and highly available deployment.
• Experience in managing teams and delivering solutions in an iterative and Agile environment.
• Experience and skills with RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server) concepts include basic Database Administration concepts, DDL and DML SQL execution and diagnosing performance issues.
• Experience with High Availability and Disaster Recover concepts and architecture.
• Experience concepts and tools used in DevOps or DevSecOps and other emerging process automation tools for development and operations. Examples include but are not limited to: Puppet, Ansible, Chef as well as tools such as Jenkins and Selenium.
• Ability to manage multiple complex development efforts and resources through the agile process including testing, content management and integration with other systems. Experience working on large scale service based integrations.
• Experience with implementation and operations of Federal Financial Management or other ERP software similar in structure and execution to CGI’s Momentum Suite a plus.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· AWS Solution Architect
· Azure App Services
· Systems Architecture