Storage Management / Engineer
A seasoned storage engineer must be able to work in cross-functional environments and interact with representatives from CGI, NetApp, and our end-clients. Will work at various CGI/and client sites consulting and executing various engineering initiatives from administration, configuration, deployments, migrations, supporting storage environments, and more.
These roles can be housed in various locations But this particular role will be based in New York City. Travel may be required.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Ability to understand and convey customer needs and your recommendations to other storage professionals
• Translating requirements into technical and systems specifications, configurations
• Providing technical analysis to ensure solutions are operationally sound
• Expert technical capabilities with a wide array of NetApp Suite of Products, Third Party Applications & Tools, SANS, NAS, EMC, Cisco, Nexus, Linux and other systems
• Performing complex technical work which will include administration, configuration, deployments, proof of concepts, documentation, and working with infrastructure (storage, network and servers) in some technical capacity.
• Provide various levels of 1st, 2nd and 3rd tier support
• Present technical solutions and ideas to Engineering and Operations teams
• Ability to run and document testing completed on NetApp hardware & Software suites
• Participate in the evaluation of new technologies and releases for Storage
• Fully document technical solutions to include, logical and physical system diagrams, data flow diagrams, test plans, and as-built diagrams.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as collaboration skills
• Skill set familiarity: NetApp Technologies: C-DOT, ONTAP, 7Mode, MetroCluster, OnCommand, Python/Powershell, Storage Products, Perl, Unix, HP, EMC, Cisco, AWS, Cloud, DevOps
• Experience with fast paced Global financials customers
• Thorough knowledge of Unix and Windows operating systems
• Understanding of NIS, DFS, CIFS, NFS and AD concepts
• Experience in storage capacity planning
• Experience in storage monitoring
• Familiar with NetApp tools, such as HWU, SmartSolve, AIUM and OCI
• Experience working on projects for data migration, storage monitoring, and/or new application deployment initiatives
• Experience in working knowledge of storage, cloud, infrastructure, and enterprise operation systems environments
• Strong Problem Solving & Analytical Skills
• A “go getter” mentality – no sitting idle
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Must have experience working in skilled diverse technical teams
• Must be able to create and present Technical information with both account teams and customers… comfort with leading a conversation
• Customer affinity and the ability to build relationships across multiple levels…this person needs to become a trusted advisor
Certifications : (Nice to have)
o NetApp Certified Data Administrator - ONTAP (N50-160)
o NetApp Certified Storage Installation Engineer – ONTAP (N50-182)
o NetApp Certified Support Engineer (N50-193)
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
NetApp Suite of Products 3-5 Strong
Implementation, Migrations or Suppory Expertise 3-5 Strong
Scripting Languages 2-4 Proficient
Linux, Unix, Python, 2-4 Proficient
EMC, Cisco, Nexus 3-5 Strong
Storage Products 3-5 Strong
Cloud, Infrastructure & Virtualization 3-5 Strong
Information Technology 3-5 Strong
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.