SSIS Developer / BI Analyst
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We're expanding our Financial Services Team in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Development Manager, Information Management, the successful candidate will:
• Design, development and maintenance of a reporting system including creation of optimal interactive dashboards, ad-hoc query and analysis, interactive reporting, enterprise reporting and analytics, proactive detection and alerts.
• Understand and effectively handle the dynamics around a data warehouse and ETL automation project. Including analysis, design, development/modification/enhancement, implementation, and troubleshooting, monitoring, performance improvement and administration functions.
• Develop and maintain operational metrics.
• Work with business stakeholders and other SMEs to understand high-level business requirements
• Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
• Support a positive work environment that promote service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
• Adhere to existing processes/standards including the project development lifecycle (PDLC), business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
• A University degree.
• Five (5) years required, Eight (8) years preferred, of experience in an applications development role.
• Three (3) years of experience in ETL development with the SSIS toolset.
• Experience writing and troubleshooting complex SQL queries.
• Strong experience with MS SQL Server working with a relational database management system as a developer.
• Knowledge of SSRS reporting is an asset.
• Experience with Data Warehousing is an asset.
• Experience in a Big Data environment is an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and multitask with limited supervision contributing as a team player.
• Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly.
• Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to adapt to constant changes. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Critical eye for detail.
• Positive attitude.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to see the big picture (thinking out of the box).
• Able to multitask effectively.
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
· Big Data