Sr. Solutions Architect - US Citizenship required
CGI is in the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 75,000 members strong.
We are looking for an experienced solutions architect who enjoys working in a fast-paced collaborative environment and who is looking for a challenging opportunity to leverage modern technology and innovative solutions to make a significant impact on our customers. This position is based in DC/Northern Virginia area, where you will join a team of application developers and testers solving technical challenges for our government customers.
The Solutions Architect will apply proven expertise to support the application development projects using modern technologies and techniques. Expertise in the cloud-based architecture (such as AWS), Agile and DevOps best practices, will help you in succeeding in this role. In this role you will be actively involved in defining roadmaps and systems designs, scoping initiatives and epics, evaluating new technologies, developing frameworks, and guiding/mentoring scrum teams, with the intent to maximize use of government agency’s existing and approved technology stack. As a Systems Architect, you will be responsible for leading technical solution and integration efforts in achieving overall goals of the task order.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The ideal candidate is looking to join a global technology leader and want to join a winning team to grow yourself and your career. You are eager to face challenges and truly embrace modern technologies in the cloud. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands into the architecture and code and mentoring junior team members.
• Establish system information requirements using analysis of the information system(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems.
• Design architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
• Ensure these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, the OSI and ISO reference models, and profiles of standards - such as IEEE OSE reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of information management solution of the application platform, across the API, and the external environment/software application.
• Ensure that the common operating environment is compliant with the Agency enterprise architecture and applicable reference models.
• Evaluate analytically and systematically problems of workflows, organization, and planning and develop appropriate corrective action. Provide daily supervision and direction to staff.
• Develop architecture for enhancements, systems, and technologies.
• Present the solution to top level executives both within CGI and customers.
• Analyze system and technology gaps and issues in the current solutions and recommend efficient solution approach
• Scope technical epics for an assigned business functionality working along with govt. architects and other stakeholders
• Evaluate existing framework and/or develop new framework that will be used by agile teams responsible for implementing a solution or enhancement design.
• Work on an initiative by reviewing epics with the team, ensuring comprehension of the subject matter and feature scope prior to development.
• Provide ongoing support to teams to help keep overall solution vision on track, make technical trade-offs where necessary, and support the identification and escalation of risks.
• Diagnose application, infrastructure, and technology issues using various resources; define an appropriate solution; support the resolution; and document the incident record.
• Define architecture and development best practices, supporting the customer approval and implementation.
• Mentor developers and other technical resources to enable them to
o Learn the ins and outs of the software and how our customers do business,
o Provide assistance in managing trade-offs and assessing user or system impact, and
o Promote adherence to design standards and processes to promote quality.
• Work with account teams and/or customers to understand technical requirements, issues and make recommendations for a path forward.
• Support estimation for new development work, including outlining solution approach, vetting approach with Product Mangers, product SMEs, and other stakeholders, and preparing hours-based estimates to present to management, account teams and/or investment boards.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor degree in relevant field (Engineering, IT etc.) with 5+ years of experience as a Systems/Solution Architect, Principle Engineer (Lead Developer), or similar role for large scale enterprise systems
• Experience in design and developing enterprise Web and Search systems
• Experience with enterprise database technologies, such as Postgres and MySQL
• Experience in API design, development and implementation
• Comfortable with working with open source-based solutions
• Familiar with enterprise use of Python
• Expert in continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) solutions
• Experience with large-scale AWS based solutions and Terraform
• Experience in Agile application development with product based mindset.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
• Experience with leading cloud service provider stacks (AWS, Azure, VM Ware, and Google) and their service offerings
• Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship is required
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate or Professional)
• Agile Certification
• Experience with full stack development
• Understanding of DevSecOps process and tooling
• Direct experience with Scrum Agile framework and processes
• Experience working in an integrated product development team consisting of govt. and contractor resources
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.