Sr. Application Developer (Cloud) - US Citizenship required
CGI is in the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 75,000 members strong.
The sought after position of Application Programmer enjoys working in a fast-paced collaborative environment and offers a challenging opportunity to leverage modern technology and innovative solutions to make a significant impact on our customers. This position is based in DC/Northern Virginia area, where a team of application developers and testers solving technical challenges for our government customers.
The Application Programmer will apply proven expertise to support the application development projects using modern technologies and techniques. Expertise in the cloud-based architecture (such as AWS), Agile and DevOps best practices, will help you in succeeding in this role. In this role you will be actively involved in application design, development and deployment initiatives, evaluating new technologies, developing frameworks with the intent to maximize use of government agency’s existing and approved technology stack. As an Application Programmer, you will be responsible for hands-on coding and application development working alongside with rest of the development team to achieve overall goals of the task order.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Candidate must demonstrate experience as a Programmer/Developer of a cloud-based application with a deep knowledge of Agile software development and DevSecOps.
• Support the technical delivery of small to medium, moderately complex projects in cross-functional Agile environment, on-time, on-budget and with targeted zero defects
• Work in an Agile environment (Scrum etc.) and adapt to the changing needs and requirements of the business.
• Provide hands-on support for DevSecOps and other automation initiatives using AWS technologies, including blue/green deployment, security and Test Automation.
• Coordinate coding and unit testing phases of system development and facilitate Code Reviews
• Identify opportunities for system reuse and system simplification
• Identify and manage dependencies and downstream impacts of the project to minimize adverse effects on other projects and / or programs
• Provide estimation of user stories, prioritization and coordination of technical activities related to system development
• Ensure system alignment to Enterprise Architecture policies, coding standards and best practices; ensure that process methodologies are followed in system development
• Accountable to business and technology management for end-to-end application development and delivery that meets and exceeds quality standards
• Directly contribute to creation of technical documentation including the Solution Definition document and Technical Design document; ensure documentation is aligned to the Functional Requirements and uses document templates that meet customer’s SDLC standards
• Independently manage day to day technical challenges and communicate to development lead any risks or issues associated with the development activities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor degree in relevant field (Engineering, IT etc.) with 5+ years of experience as a developer for medium to large scale enterprise systems
• 3+ years of experience developing cloud applications. Solid understanding of AWS Cloud Architecture and experience with application modernization in cloud environments
• 3+ years of experience working in Agile and DevSecOps environment
• Proficiency in Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven development (BDD)
• Advanced proficiency in Microservices and API Development
• Experience with identifying and implementing automation for CI/CD.
• Experience with open source technologies like Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, DevSecOps and related Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, including Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, GitHub, Puppet, Git and others.
• Experience working with XML, JSON and YAML for configuration.
• Hands-on experience with AWS development using any of AWS services like EC2, EB, IAM, S3, SDK, CLI, Code Deploy, Code Commit, Lambda/Step Functions, Cloudfront, Cloudwatch etc.
• Experience with implementing integration solutions with RESTful Web Services
• Passionate about learning new things along with good work ethics
• Excellent communication skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
• Experience with leading cloud service provider stacks (AWS, Azure, VM Ware, and Google) and their service offerings
• Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship is required
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate or Professional)
• Agile Certification
• Experience with full stack development
• Understanding of DevSecOps process and tooling
• Direct experience with Scrum Agile framework and processes
• Experience working in an integrated product development team consisting of govt. and contractor resources
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.