Solutions Architect (Cloud)
Responsible for verifying and implementing the detailed technical design solution to the problem as
identified by the Project/Technical Manager. Often responsible for providing a detailed technical design
for enterprise solutions. Is often the Principal Consultant who analyzes and develops enterprise
• Regularly leads in the technical assessment and delivery of specific technical solutions to the
customer. Provides a team structure conducive to high performance, and manages the team lifecycle
• Coordinates implementation of new installations, designs, and migrations for technology solutions in
one of the following work domains: networks, applications or platforms.
• Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to others on proposal efforts, solution design,
system management, tuning and modification of solutions. Provides input to company strategy moving
• Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and
requirements. Responds to requests for technical information from customers. Develops customer
technology solutions using various industry products and technologies.
• Engages in technical problem solving across multiple technologies; often needs to develop new
methods to apply to the situation.
• Owns and manages knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team, practice, or project). Ensures
team members support knowledge sharing and re-use requirements of project. Contributes significant
knowledge to job family community.
• Proactively encourages membership and contributions of others to professional community and
coaches others in area of expertise. Regularly produces internally published material such as knowledge
briefs, service delivery kit components and modules, etc. Presents at multi-customer technology
• Creates and supports sales activities. Manages bids, or major input into the sales lifecycle. Manages
activities and provides qualitative and quantitative information for successful sales. Produces complete
proposals for smaller engagements within area of expertise. Actively grows company portfolio with
existing customers through new opportunities and change management. Assists with multiple
customers. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in crossfunctional
initiatives. Sustained and consistent contribution at the work group level.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
U.S. Citizenship required, per Federal stipulation.
Qualifications Education and Experience
Required: 8+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in
computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant
professional experience (11+ years in total). Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to design and scope multiple deliverables across a number of technologies.
• Has demonstrated innovation and communication of new deliverables and offerings. Has led team in the delivery of multiple deliverables across multiple technologies.
• Ability to develop solutions that enhance the availability, performance, maintainability and agility of a particular customer's enterprise. Has contributed to the design and application of new tools. Ability to re-use existing experience to develop new solutions to take to market.
• Possesses an understanding, at a detailed level, of architectural dependencies of technologies in use in the customer's Information Technology (IT) environment. Frequently uses product and application knowledge along with internals or architectural knowledge to develop solutions. A recognized expert in one or more technologies within own technical community and also at regional level. Holds a vendor or industry certification in at least one discipline area.
• Able to communicate with internal and external senior management confidently and demonstrate the professionalism of the job family.
• Ability to work in a multi technology environment with the ability to diagnose complex technical problems to their root cause. In addition to troubleshooting skills and consulting skills, has ability to summaries prognosis and impact at practice lead level. Ability to adapt a consulting style appropriate to the situation and can identify up-sell opportunities.
• Be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of market dynamics, an industry area, commercial issues, and technical concerns whilst maintaining depth in core focus area.
• Ability to present within own area of expertise as part of a customer sales presentation, putting forward domain-specific information within the context of a company sales campaign. Has demonstrated ability to lead others in the gathering of requirements, designs, plans and estimates. Able to produce complete proposals for smaller engagements within own area of expertise.
• Demonstrates broad knowledge in other technical areas in order to properly manage complex integration efforts. Demonstrates application of technical expertise in successful engagements involving multiple disciplines.
• Able to independently complete solution implementation or application design deliverables.
• Able to manage a team of consultants in the completion of one or more solution requirements, architecture, or implementation deliverable. Linux, Apache, Tomcat Software Development Java PHP Shell Scripting HTML Ansible Jenkins Automation Cloud Virtualization Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to lead the engineering design, development, deployment, and technical quality of large enterprise solutions that span multiple technologies and disciplines.
• Be able to provide engineering automation direction for multiple medium to large sized projects concurrently in various stages of their lifecycle or a large project full time.
• Ability to maintain the integrity of the proposed architecture to assure professional quality and logical consistency in the face of political and business pressures.
• Execute VMware ESX-related projects by design platform solution, providing guidance and expertise
based on multiple years’ experience leading technical facets of datacenter-sized virtualization, Wintel
and Linux projects.
• Deep expertise with IT architectural, engineering development, and operational methodologies (e.g.,
Information Technology (IT) Service Management (ITSM)
• Deep IT Infrastructure expertise (cloud, platform, middleware/DBs, networking)
• Broad enterprise application architecture expertise • Broad exposure in enterprise database design
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated influencing skills, high level of technical
and team leadership skills.
• Broad knowledge of Microfocus' technology & solutions, with deep expertise in an area of
• Experience with National Security and/or DoD IT systems, policies, and requirements is a plus
• Experience in leading or supporting business development and design activities for medium-to-large
• Capable of traveling, working in a team environment, and providing direction to business, engineering,
and delivery persuasively communicate complex and high-impact messages to multiple audience levels,
including senior-level management.
• Experience writing code (such as, and not limited to: Java, C#; Python, PHP, HTML), SQL Server/ Oracle;
Shell Scripting, and Testing tools. Experience of multiple full release cycles. Advanced understanding of
modern software development methodologies. Ability to understand the market segment's customer's
business problem, need, or opportunity and to design an IS solution that completely and correctly
addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity without unnecessary enhancements.
• Broad experience with engineering automated, virtualized, data center environments; experience
engineering Infrastructure Automation and Cloud Computing solutions based on MicroFocus Business
Service Automation, Cloud Service Automation, CloudSystem, and/or competitor solutions (e.g., AWS) is
highly-desired. • Strong Linux and Ansible skill sets. Apache, Tomcat, Jenkins and Puppet a plus.
• Professional in appearance with the ability to present a positive image to government clients.
• Understands and applies information system or operational solution related modeling methods and
• Validates information systems and/or operational architectures meet technical requirements and
• Understands future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business
• Possesses deep knowledge of IT and business standards and best practices in data center
transformations and how to apply them appropriately in solutions Nice to have
• ITIL, SCRUM, Agile, and JIRA expertise
• Excellent listening, speaking, and writing skills; ability to use a wide variety of presentation tools
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.