Solution Architect - SQL
We are looking to expand our development teams, which build and maintain a number of operational systems for a key client within our Defence and Intelligence portfolio. The role offers fantastic opportunities to lead a team developing leading edge and bespoke technologies within an interesting and rewarding environment.
Now, more than ever we are ensuring the continuity of critical services that matter and we are still recruiting during these challenging times.If you love finding innovative solutions to improve complex systems, there’s a digital revolution underway in the UK, and it needs your help.From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you.
And the even better news? Our friendly team will keep you inspired and will support you to do what you do best, better.
Business is transforming fast. And at CGI, you’ll be at the centre of a digital revolution. As one of the largest independent technology and business services companies in the world, we can deliver exciting opportunities for you to build your career.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Our roles are only available if you hold or fulfil the criteria to obtain a UK Security Clearance.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Team is primarily focused on the development of new capabilities on our clients data platform.
Your role will be to conduct the initial solution review.
Perform the Gap Analysis.
Re-baseline and deliver the new solutions design.
Working with an agile team on two week sprints this role will have you acting as the technical lead.
As such we are looking for a self-starter who has a track record of Solution Architecture leading the charge out of our Surrey Delivery Centre.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• A track record of cloud based big data solutions such as Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark and YARN or other Big Data technologies.
• Working knowledge of being the Solution Architect or working as a technical lead within a development team.
• Knowledge of designing MySQL and SQL database solutions.
• The ability to write technical documentation such as SADs, LLDs, HLDs.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate with both management and development teams.
• Knowledge of automation/configuration management (i.e. Ansible).
- Knowledge of a wide variety of open source technologies including but not limited to; Accumulo, HDFS, Hive, Oozie, Apache Spark, YARN, Zookeeper, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Kafka, NiFi, Kubernetes, Java, Docker, Elasticsearch,
• A track record of working in an Agile project delivery environment, using SCRUM.
• The ability to write user guides, release notes etc.
• Knowledge of System Testing and automated testing – e.g. unit tests, integration tests, mocking/stubbing.
• The provision of technical assurance for bids/proposals.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.