Scrum Master - US Citizenship Required
CGI is actively seeking strong Scrum Masters with experience in Agile Transformation and Agile Coaching to join in the fast paced world of Federal ERP consulting. Candidates will join the team assisting with a variety of Momentum Financials related initiatives. This program will retire the agency’s existing legacy system and replace it with iFAMS/Momentum. We take an innovative and collaborative approach to supporting our client, working in an agile environment using emerging technologies. You will be interacting with a dynamic team of people, with opportunities to learn and grow as you help deliver the overall solution to our client.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Scrum Master will support one or more delivery teams within a fast-paced application development environment. As the Scrum Master, you will be a critical member of the core delivery team empowered to help build high performing teams, build a shippable product, and be responsible for leading Agile transformation at a program/portfolio level.
- Coach and support Agile teams with continuous process improvement of software delivery
- Embrace servant leadership and embody the qualities and mindsets that are associated with Agile methods.
- Instill SAFe/Agile best practices including PI Planning, Team ceremonies, capacity planning, cross team dependencies
- Facilitate cross functional Feature/User Story creation
- Facilitate and manage cross team conversations and workshops with teams, clients and partners.
- Ability to pro-actively track and remove impediments for the team
- Facilitate product owner input and team interactions. Ensure the communication of scope and requirements changes throughout the team, including sprint impact analysis.
- Support product owner in management of backlog, ensuring Scrum process standards, identification of stakeholders and stakeholder conditions of acceptance.
- Assists team in creating predictable and reliable capacity assessments for sprints and Program Increments
- Support product development by providing high level business analysis and development estimates, including coordination of multiple product analysis.
- Support teams and management towards improving agile processes and metrics.
- Help with new Scrum team setup or evaluate and mentor existing Scrum teams
- Deliver training classes as part of coaching for roles including product owners, developers and testers.
- Foster knowledge sharing and assist with creation and delivery of best practices documentation and training materials.
- Should be able to create governance structures which are focused on empowering teams to make decisions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Clearly identify the essential qualification vs. the desired qualifications
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrates leadership and interpersonal skills to engage and motivate team members
- Demonstrates initiative and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Scrum, Scaled Agile, Lean Agile, XP, Kanban and other Agile development techniques
- Ability to understand and aggregate product knowledge, including execution to product roadmap
- Strong emphasis on teamwork and close collaboration across all roles and functions
- Ability to synchronize with non-technical teams to deliver product releases smoothly, and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with vendors and stakeholders to identify project risks, constraints and dependencies
- Ability to handle conflict resolution well, facilitating discussion and alternatives of different approaches
- Knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD pipeline
- 5+ years’ experience with customer-facing web applications
- Experience supporting a large-scale ERP implementation
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification (strongly desired) (required)
- SAFe Agilist 5.0 Certification (strongly desired)
**Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship is required**
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.