Project Manager (Jr. to Mid. Level)
Join CGI’s dynamic team charged with developing and modernizing the IT systems for a Federal agency that helps make affordable housing a reality for millions of Americans. Bring your talent to a brand new opportunity to help the federal government modernize a suite of applications in the mortgage backed securities market.
CGI Federal is seeking Jr. Project Manager in Fairfax, VA. In this role you will support the program manager and the project team through your expertise, consultation and facilitation experience. A candidate who has experience with federal contracting is desired, but not required.
Your future duties and responsibilities
With guidance from the Program Manager and in collaboration with team members, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Serving as the sr. analyst / manager on the project / task order
• Developing project management plans, reports and deliverables for quality and compliance with project goals
• Understanding and harmonizing client and company frameworks/policies/procedures with the goal of achieving project objectives that are complaint, of high quality, efficient and yield results
• Identifying, mitigating and managing project risks
• Ensuring quality work is completed on time and within budget, maintaining financial soundness of the project
• Reviewing and interpreting policies, procedures, goals and objectives to lead project successfully
• Reviewing technology trends and future project requirements to develop strategies for future work.
• Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
• Directs and/or Participates in AGILE requirements gathering sprints to represent securitization domain issues and requirements
• Prepare status reports for CGI and Client health check reviews
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5-7 years of related experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics, or related field/equivalent experience
• Successful experience managing small projects, maintaining project plans and reporting
• Strong collaboration, and facilitation skills
• Experience in projects leveraging agile and CMMI practices and complying with Section 508 requirements
• Superior analytical and problem-solving and resolution skills, and ability to adapt quickly
• Experience achieving results in a positive and professional manner in client-facing situations and in a multi-contractor team environment
• Superior communications (verbal and written) skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to collaborate with peers at CGI and other firms, and lead a dynamic team of CGI professionals – all while focused on achieving client and project desired results
• Experience in Federal Contracting is highly desirable.
• Prior experience in managing projects
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· People Management
· Project Management