CGI is looking for an Oracle DBA with our team in downtown Atlanta who has a passion for solving problems. At CGI, you will be involved in a mission critical project, working with a team of smart, dedicated people like yourself who build quality solutions for a variety of customers. Take your talents to a company that inspires growth and values your ideas.
This position works with a team of DBAs as a production support Oracle DBA and interfaces closely with portfolio and business unit developers to design, implement, tune, and troubleshoot database solutions for new development projects, enhancements to existing solutions, and implementation of purchased vendor packages. This role will ensure that proper creation, support, placement, performance and security are in place for data. Significant coordination is required with developers and infrastructure support groups for operating system upgrades, software upgrades, migrations, and hardware replacements.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Develop and/or implement timely, cost effective, and high-quality database solutions
• Responsible for working with internal technology partners to understand business requirements and database needs, then planning and executing installation, build, and configuration to meet those needs.
• Broad knowledge of database concepts and ability to perform database management and maintenance consisting of:
• DBMS and related software installs, upgrades and patches (including security patching)
• Logical and physical database design
• Structure modifications / schema management
• Database reorganizations
• Space monitoring and management / Capacity planning
• Performance analysis and tuning (both at SQL and DBMS level)
• Data integrity checks and cleanup
• Database backups and recovery
• Disaster recovery
• Data loads
• Coding, maintaining and consulting on database procedures and triggers
• Troubleshooting DBMS and related problems
• Participate in on-call duty pager rotation
• Consultation on database issues and tools with internal customers and other IT groups
• Build and maintain relationships with customers, peers, staff and other IT groups
• Provide project activities in compliance with the approved methodologies and standards
• Provide root cause analysis, efficient production support and maintenance / enhancements for existing applications
• Participate in or lead special projects/assignments
• Meet schedules and estimates for assigned tasks
• Provide regular status updates
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• In-depth knowledge of Oracle (10g, 11g, 12c, 19c - a plus)
• In-depth knowledge of Oracle RAC, DataGuard, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) and RMAN
• In-depth knowledge of database security implementations, data privacy and Sarbanes Oxley controls.
• Knowledge of high availability, Golden Gate replication, and disaster recovery architectures.
• Working knowledge of Unix/ Linux platforms and operating systems including scripting, editors, etc.
• Working knowledge and understanding of software development technologies, methodologies, and associated tools
• Working knowledge of application architectures (Web, Client Server, Batch, etc.)
• Knowledge of other database technologies and platforms is a plus.
• Working knowledge of typical IT organization and business units
• Degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
• In-depth knowledge of DBMS related technologies (specifically Oracle)
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.