Description de l'offre
Oracle/DB2 Database Administrator
The System Oracle DBA employs deep technical expertise to the design, implementation, testing, and ongoing support of the database infrastructure.
Your future duties and responsibilities
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Installs, patches, and configures DB2, MS SQL Server, and Oracle database software in AIX, Linux, and Microsoft Windows environments
• Supports database deployment and migration activities; executes backups and restores.
• Troubleshoots and resolves database issues across development, testing, and production environments.
• Designs, develops, tests, and implements database tools, including:
o Backup/Recovery solutions
o Security and Encryption
o Data Archival
o Data Masking and Subsetting
• Monitors and analyzes database performance and resource utilization across multiple databases to develop CPU, Memory, and Storage capacity projections and improve operational efficiency.
• Works with systems engineers and architects on issues related to database infrastructure architecture, design, and capacity; and assists with Proof Of Concept testing.
• Works with peers within and beyond the Operations team to define and characterize complex technology or process problems and develop & implement new solutions.
• Develops operational procedures, white papers, proposals, and other documentation.
• With Applications DBA:
o Designs database environments and components.
o Produces and maintains logical and physical data models for databases and projects.
• Develops scripts to automate repetitive systems administration, monitoring, and reporting activities.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Database Administration