IT Solutions Architect
IT Solutions Architect - Applications
Would you like to work for an organisation with over 40 years’ experience delivering secure, mission-critical IT solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clients.
CGI provides secure, mission-critical solutions to Space, Defence and Intelligence clients
We have some exciting opportunities for IT Solutions Architects who are looking to join our Space, Defence & Intelligence business unit. We need junior, mid-level, senior and lead IT Solutions Architects, based in multiple locations, working for a range of clients and at different security levels.
Our roles are only available if you hold or fulfil the criteria to obtain a UK Security Clearance.
Our projects are based in a CGI office or client site but may require travel to other locations. The successful candidate must be able to spend time working away from home, if required.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Managing Common stacks for enterprise software: Middleware, Data Services, SOA, Tiered Web Applications
• RDBMS (e.g Oracle & MSSQL…) and NoSQL (e.g MongoDB)
• Use of Open Source technologies and components to deliver enterprise-class solutions
• Delivery of infrastructure and network solutions
• Contributing to bid proposals in terms of estimation and documentation
• Knowledge of the creation of solution architectures across multiple business domains
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Formal architectural qualifications such as TOGAF / Archimate
• Working within a technology rich environment
• An understanding of DevOps processes, automated deployment and cloud architectures
• Demonstrable solution architecture experience within enterprise environments
• An understanding of, or exposure to, formal architectural methodologies (e.g. TOGAF, Archimate)
• Understanding of requirements management, capability and benefit driven design approach
• Understanding of software development lifecycles; Waterfall, Scrum, Agile and Test Driven Delivery
• Understanding of infrastructure and network technologies and architectures
• Track record of working in a pre-sales environment supporting sales teams
• Knowledge of working in the Government, Space, Defence or National Security domains covering Tactical, Operational, Strategic and Back Office environments
• Experience of big data technologies such as Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark and YARN or other Big Data technologies
• Experience of designing SQL databases.
• Knowledge of automation/configuration management (i.e. Ansible).
- Knowledge of a wide variety of open source technologies including but not limited to; Accumulo, HDFS, Hive, Oozie, Apache Spark, YARN, Zookeeper, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Kafka, NiFi, Kubernetes, Java, Docker, Elasticsearch.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.