As a Data Scientist, you will utilize your analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, review, and interpret large data sets. You will then use this information to develop data influenced solutions to difficult business issues. Using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. You must have a proven ability to influence business results with your data-based insights. You can work with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. Does this sounds like you? Your passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes make you a great fit.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities with the ability to support multiple work streams and drive assimilation of new techniques and solutions.
• Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues.
Understand data needs and construct data pipelines for automating and accelerating data preparation.
• Responsible for performing as a highly skilled technology consultant and influencer in the area of predictive analytics.
• Have experience using statistical computer languages (R, SAS, SPSS, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets. – [is this the correct skillset to include for this role?]
• Share acquired knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network review, etc.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Machine Learning, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
• 10+ years of relevant professional experience.
• Significant experience developing and knowledge of best practices for evaluating innovative, scalable anomaly detection, classification, recommendation, and related algorithms
• Experience with machine learning software libraries such as scikit-learn and Weka
• Understanding of deep learning algorithms and experience with related libraries such as TensorFlow, Torch, and Deeplearning4j a plus
• Experience with big data tools such as Apache Spark, Mahout, or Storm a plus
• Experience with NLP (Natural Language Processing) a plus
• Ability to communicate algorithm design, performance metrics, and data analyses in written and oral reports
• Traditional tools such as Hadoop and Hive but also modern cloud solutions such as Azure Data Lake and Data Bricks
• Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, and MS SQL
• Ubuntu 16 OS
• NGINX web server
• MySQL database
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
· Data Analysis
· Data Architecture
· Data Visualisation
· Data Warehousing