This is an extraordinary time to be in business! As the digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the centre of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
Your future duties and responsibilities
CGI is seeking qualified Data/Information Architects to join our expanding Halifax Metro team. We have exciting opportunities within our consulting services team in supporting our Public Sector clients in the Province of Nova Scotia and Utilities. The successful candidate will have a strong delivery background in the Public Sector.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
The proposed candidate should have the following skills and knowledge:
• Minimum five (5) years experience in role.
• Minimum (2) years experience with Master Data Management (MDM), Business Intelligence
(BI), and data warehouse design and implementation techniques.
• Experience with dimensional data modelling and relational data modeling.
• Understanding of common data/information architecture, lifecycle frameworks and models.
• Understanding of meta-models, taxonomies and ontologies, as well as of the challenges of
applying structured techniques (data modeling) to less‐structured sources.
• System integration experience, including interface design, and familiarity with online
• Significant proven experience in business requirements elicitation and definition, and
translating business requirements into solution options and high‐level design models.
• Demonstrated experience leading the overall design of software applications and detailing
specifications for both business and technical audiences.
• Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
• Experience working as part of a project team with structured delivery methodology and
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively individually, with minimal supervision, with teams
and remain flexible with shifting priorities.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• The following skills and knowledge are considered an asset:
• Experience working in a government setting.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.